Puke and Rally

Well, we have all had the stomach bug this week.  It started at 2:00 a.m. on Thursday.  I heard Sam crying over the monitor.  Sam has slept through the night since he was 2 months old, so I knew something was wrong.  I walk in to find Sam sitting on his knees, rocking back and forth, clutching his stomach.  Right as I picked him up he started to gag.  Thankfully we got to the bathroom in time and Sam was able to make a sizable and really disgusting deposit.  Even though I felt so bad for him I couldn't help but get tickled at him.  This is the first time Sam has thrown up since he was a baby and he had no idea what was happening to him.  His response to this new "feeling" was one of ANGER.  He was so mad about throwing up.  Right after he finished he kind of shrugged his shoulders and said, "mom, can I go back to bed?"  He was up again at 5:00 and then again at 7:00. We let him stay home from school and rest. By his 7:00 a.m. puke-fest he was an old pro. He would just stop where he was standing, throw up and then go about his business of playing.

At 11:00 I got a call from the school telling me that Finn was sick. I went to pick him up and he seemed fine. On the way home Finn asked if he could play.  I told him "no, you are sick, remember . . . I am going to treat you like you are sick."  Finn then told me that he thought he was feeling much better and wanted to go back to school.  By this time I knew he was faking but we went on home and I put him to bed.  At 2:00 I ended up having to eat crow because Finn started yaking as well. It was a smelly day.

These are a few pictures from a birthday party that the boys attended at a gymnastics studio.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday