Slow Weekend

This weekend was what one might define as "typical." I picked Finn up from Victoria's at 3:30 and then the two of us went back to my office to give Mr. Oliver a message. Finn loved Mr. Oliver's office! He tried to do pull ups on his desk, he crawled the entire length of the floor at least four (4) times and he attempted to turn of all of the lights. Despite Finn's best efforts at being annoying Mr. Oliver seemed to love having Finn around. Luckily he was in a great mood and didn't cry at all.

When we got home Finn had a bottle while lying in the kitchen floor.


This was the only way that I could get anything done today. I attempted to put him down in the kitchen so that I could unload the dishwasher but Finn had other plans. Every time his feet got remotely close to the tile he would arch his back and pick his feet way up. I ended up grabbing the bottom of his feet, pulling his legs up and laying him flat on this back. Then I gave him the bottle. It kept him quiet and still for approximately seven (7) minutes.

Later than evening we had dinner with Brandon, Carissa and Addison. Finn ate the entire restaurant! He had chicken and cheese, raisins, Fiber One, tortilla chips, bacon bits and french fries. The service was terrible so Finn had to sit in the high chair for almost an hour and half. Nevertheless, he was an angel.

The next morning Finn woke up at 6:30 and we started our day. This morning was Finn's first time to watch Rocky. I needed to workout and I wanted to put something in that would keep Finn's attention for 30 minutes. I settled on Rocky III; it has good music, nice colors and a lot of movement. I watched him very closely for any reaction, positive or negative. He seemed intrigued by the music, but overall I would rate his first viewing as unsuccessful.

The rest of the day was fairly slow. We did all the things we normally do; go grocery shopping, etc. However, during this slow day, Finn discovered that the tiles in the kitchen feel good on his belly. He would crawl a couple of inches and then lay flat on his belly in the kitchen. He did this for a while and we (Micheal and I) laughed so hard. I have a video that I am going to post on YouTube.

At 5:30 we went to church for the inaugural Saturday Night Worship Service. Just for the record, I love going to church on Saturday nights! We were told that Finn did okay in the nursery. But when I went to pick him up he was screaming to beat the band.

After church we met Chase and Lindsey at Chili's for dinner. Finn was "somethin' else" at dinner. He wasn't fussy, he was just loud and excited. He talked the entire time we were there - and it was loud! He also managed to get a huge fist full of Chase's shredded cheese, squeeze it into a ball and drop it on the ground. After we got the cheese cleaned up he grabbed a fist full of sour cream. It was just one thing after another the entire time. It sure was fun though.



Yes, we finally have a real baby gate! We have had it for a while now, but I am just now getting around to getting a picture of it. Finn thinks that it is big fun to try to get over it.
This is an attempt to catch a picture of Finn giving kisses. He is getting good at it now. If you ask him to give you a kiss he will lean in and open his mouth as wide as possible. We credit this new skill to cousin Coop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday