Three Month Post Surgery Check Up

Today we took Finn to see his plastic surgeon Dr. Kelley for a post surgery check up. The check up went great. Dr. Kelley told that Finn's head is growing nicely and we don't have anything to worry about. He will check Finn in about year to make sure that the soft spots have grown together. Finn really charmed the socks off of Dr. Kelley. He was happy, well behaved and smiled the entire time. On his way out of the door, Dr. Kelley told us that Finn was a very charming baby. He says "charmer", I say "stinker"! Look at this child, there is no way that he is up to anything good.

The appointment was at 9:45 but we didn't get to see Dr. Kelly until 11:20. This made for a very interesting wait. At first we waited outside in the hallway (the waiting room was packed).


Finn loved the hallway because he could roll his truck all the way down those long halls at Vanderbilt. We didn't let him get too far away, but we did let him have a little fun. He really entertained the people walking down the hall. There was another couple with a two (2) year old daughter sitting the hallway with us. She really wanted to play with Finn, but her mother refused to let her down. I later heard her yell/whisper to her husband, "I am not letting my child play on that nasty floor." I guess it should've embarrassed me, but it didn't. After all that Finn has chewed on in the last few months, the Vanderbilt hallway is the least of my worries. They say that you raise your own kids the way you were raised, I am proud to say that this is true, minus the cat feces.
Next we waited in the actual waiting room. Once again, Finn entertained the entire room. He rolled his truck around some more, crawled over to random people, talked on his cell phone, and layed flat on his back on the floor. Again, I must note that my child was the only child allowed out of their parent's laps.

Finally, they took us back to a patient room. Once in the room, Finn reacquainted himself with the super fun bed paper. Then he read his book;
He played with his dad's buttons;
He hid next to the big red garbage can. Of course, he would be drawn to the toxic one containing all the needles.

He chewed on the chairs (I can see the start of a new bottom tooth);
He played with the vents;

Then he slobbered into the vents;
He watched the people pass by outside;
Needless to say, Finn loves going to see Dr. Kelley, which is a good thing considering that we will have to see him until Finn is six (6) years old. I speak for Michael and I when I say that we are very thankful that this surgery has been successful.

Later on in the evening, while I was preparing dinner, I noticed that Finn had something in his mouth. Fifty (50) percent of the time I can look at Finn and say, "what do you have Finn; show it to Mama" and he will open his mouth. I usually find paper or the tooth paste lid. The other fifty (50) percent of the time he turns tail and crawls away from me as quickly as possible. Today was one of those days. I saw that Finn had a mouthful of something. I asked him to show it to me and he took off. When I caught up with him I reached into his mouth and pulled out a Triple A battery. Apparently Finn had found the remote, popped the back off, pulled the batteries out and stuck one in his mouth. I blame my mother for this one. He picked up the battery trick at her house while we were on vacation. Thanks Mom!

This last story is my favorite Finn story, possibly of all time. Tonight during Finn's bath, I dropped the shampoo in the water. Finn picked it up and immediately put the lid of the bottle in his mouth. When I took it away from him I noticed that the top was popped. The next time Finn tried to say something, a huge bubble emerged from his wide open mouth. It didn't phase him in the least. He just kept on talking and producing bubbles. I have never laughed so hard at Finn in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere