Football Friday

I have so much to blog about but for the time being no pictures. I got my new camera this weekend, but left my old memory card in Manchester. However, I wanted to go ahead and blog anyway. I will be posting pictures at a later date.

The weekend started with Regina and Micah joining us for brunch. After breakfast with the boys Finn and Micah played in the den together while Regina and I chatted. After they left Finn and I packed our bags and left for Manchester. On our way we made several stops. First we stopped at Dad's office for a quick visit. Finn is quite the little celebrity over at TennCare. Next we stopped by Aunt Em's to pick up a CD. Our last stop was to TJ Maxx to exchange a pair of blue jeans that Nana bought him for his birthday (they were just a bit too big). Finn hates trying on clothes. By the time I got the jeans on Finn he was not at all interested in changing so I carried him up the counter wearing the jeans and handed him to the sales person to check out. I think the cashier thought I was nuts.

We arrived at Grandad's house just in enough time for Finn to eat almost an entire cup of Teddy Grahams before leaving for the game. Next we went to Zaxby's where Finn begged for Texas Toast. We arrived at the game about an hour before kickoff. During that time Finn attempted to drive the Gator. In fact he tried to drive or push anything with wheels; including two different coolers. He also slid down the big slide with a fireman. After spending a few minutes flirting with the cheerleaders we found our seats with Sharon up the stands. The real fun began when the marching band entered the field. They played a salute to all veterans. Finn stood on my legs and bounced and clapped and yelled. It was a perfect night for football. Tullahoma really knows how to play it up too. In addition to a marching band they bring in an electric guitar to play music from "Friday Night Lights." You really feel like you are sitting right in the middle of a movie.

During the first quarter Finn got hit in the head by a flying Tullahoma shirt. The cheerleaders shot one out the giant slingshot and it pegged Finn right in the back of the head. I have never been lucky enough to catch anything at a sporting event, but the first time I am with Finn I catch a shirt. If I should ever buy a lottery ticket I will bring Finn with me. The last thing that we did was steal a nacho from a family behind us. Finn was standing up in my lap reaching for something over my shoulder. When I turned around I saw that Finn had his hands in a plate of nachos. I don't think that the person noticed, or at least I hope she didn't.

After leaving the game we went to Nana and Papa's house for the night. After a less than pleasant bath Finn sat in Nana' lap and watched Phantom. He didn't actually go to sleep so we put him in bed and let him scream it out. Next Mom and Greg let me open my birthday present. It was a Nikon point and shoot camera! Mom and Greg helped me pay for half of it. I got it early because my camera broke. Mom let me sleep in her bed while she slept upstairs with Finn. It was so comfortable that I fell asleep with lights on.

Comments

  1. Have loved seeing the pics of Finn! Can't wait to see ones with the new camera =) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere