Grandparents

Finn is starting to realize when he isn't receiving our full attention. This morning (Saturday) Finn and I went upstairs to the play room to watch the new "Thomas." Since the playroom is easily the safest, most indestructible room in the house I don't worry as much about what Finn gets into as the only things in the room are suitable for Finn to play with. After turning Thomas on I laid down on the couch and shut my eyes. After a few minutes I could sense that someone was looking at him. I opened my eyes just a little bit and found Finn almost nose to nose with me smiling. I quickly closed my eyes. Then he started saying "mama." When I still didn't open my eyes he grabbed a fist full of hair and yanked. It was far too painful to pretend to sleep through that. Much like his mama was at his age, Finn likes to have all eyes on him and does what ever is necessary to ensure that he gets what he wants. He is such a squirt.

Later on in the morning we took Finn a little mini walk in the stroller. It was the first really nice day of the year so I decided to go out for a walk. When I realized how warm it was out I ran back in, grabbed Finn, Michael and the stroller and the three of us went out for few minutes. Finn was super excited to be outside; evidenced by his saying the word "outside" over and over. When I got back in from my walk Finn was sound asleep. Once we was up we put him in the bathtub and got him ready for his big day.


Today Finn received a big surprise. Two sets of his grandparents came to visit him. First Grandad and Gigi made an impromptu visit after finishing up some work in Sumner County and they brought with them a bright, shiny, new "Toby the Train."






Finn also showed Grandad and Gigi how to sweep. Finn is a good little sweeper, or maybe I should say, Finn is a good little pusher. He really just pushes the broom around the kitchen.

No idea.






After a couple of hours Gran and Pa came to take Finn to Grandmother Bryant's 92nd Birthday party. (Michael and I didn't attend because he had church and small group afterward.) So while we were having an early dinner at Logan's with Dad and Gina, Finn was on his way to Clarksville with Gran and Pa. From what I hear Finn had a great time. He played with all the water bottles in the house, played with the dogs, ate macaroni and cheese and topped the evening off with birthday cake.








One sleepy boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere