Saturday

This morning I slept until 11:00. I was happy to catch up on the extra sleep. Plus all the heaving the night before tuckered me out. When I did finally manage to join the land of living I just mainly moped around all day. I haven't taken a lot of pictures this week so I decided that I would follow Finn around with the camera. This is a picture of Finn fussing because I wouldn't let him look at the baby in the camera. This is how the incident progressed from bad to hopeless.







We have become painfully aware of the fact that Finn can now reach items on top of the kitchen table, on top of the counters and on top of the bookshelves. Finn's interest in books has spanned to Mom and Dad's books as well.


Finn has also learned to wait. When I need to run downstairs for just a second to get something I will look at Finn, hold one finger up and say, "one minute." As long as I say this we will not fuss when I leave him upstairs alone. He will also repeat "minute" to me and sometimes he will say it over and over until I come back.



This is a picture of the game Dad and Finn played last night while I was getting ready for church. Michael would Finn up and slam him face first into the stack of pillows as hard as he could.
Finn loved it!
Church was tough on Finn last night. The nursery worker asked me to just set him down on the other side of the gate. I knew better, but decided it best not to say anything. The second his feet hit the floor he started screaming. On my way out of the preschool area I mistakenly looked back to see Finn reach his hands over the gate as far as he could and screaming on the top of his lungs. No one came to get him the whole time I was standing there. I have never felt worse for him. That is until I went to pick him up and saw that they had caged him in one of the cribs. His spirit has been broken. He was sitting up completely still and completely quiet with his head handing down. It was pitiful.

Later on in the evening after putting Finn to bed Michael and I watched the Series Finale of Lost. About half way through we heard Finn cry. When Michael went to check on him we thought we saw him retch so we decided to keep him with us so that he wouldn't throw up on all in his bed. Fortunately there was no throwing up, just some nice snuggles from a very sleepy little boy. Perfect way to end LOST - which I wholeheartedly recommend you watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday