Ringing in the New Year

Today is New Years Eve. Finn celebrated this festive occasion accordingly by hanging out in his new tent.

Finn never quite got the hang of exiting the tent. He couldn't grasp the concept of bending down. Instead he got a face full of tent every time.

True to form Kodiak loves the tent too! He crawled up in the back and got comfy.

In preparation of the new year we decided to start a new napping routine with Finn. Instead of taking two measly naps we are trying to move Finn to one good nap. Day one was not at all successful.

At 3:00 Grandad and Gigi came to visit. First Finn showed Grandad and Gigi his new 4-wheeler.



The grass so thick that we ended up pushing him more than anything else.

It was really nice outside and Finn was happy to just be outside playing.
Finn in his new overalls from Nana.
Then we went to Logan's to eat dinner. Finn ran his Thomas the train through my sweet potato and attempted to eat an entire peanut shell. It was at that point that Finn and Dad left the table. A few minutes later Gigi switched out with Michael so that Michael could eat.

When we got home I made chocolate oatmeal cookies to take to our New Years party at Brandon and Carissa's house. Finn licked the spoon.


We left the house for the party at 7:15 and Grandad and Gigi stayed at our house with Finn.

I found this picture to be hilarious. It looks like Finn is plugging his ears.
Playing with his new flashlight. When you open the dinosaur's mouth the light pops on and the dinosaur roars.
The party was really fun and I decided that I didn't want to cut the night short. So at 10:00 we came home to get Finn. We said out goodbyes and thank yous to Grandad and Gigi and packed Finn in the car. When we got to Brandon and Carissa's we transferred Finn to a pallet in Brandon's office. He only woke up for a minute to smile at me and then went back to sleep. He slept through Zobmondo, Game of Things, Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase. I love game nights!

We got home at 1:00 and put Finn right back in his crib. He whined for minute and then went back to sleep. I can't believe we actually pulled that off. Around 2:00 it started storming hard. Since it was so warm all day we got a little worried about tornadoes. Michael got up around 3:00 to check the news to make sure that we were safe. When morning rolled around Michael got up with Finn allowing me to sleep to 10:00!! Michael seriously got next to no sleep so when I got up I gave him the okay to go back to sleep. Finn and I ate sour dough toast and watched Community. We had a lot good Finn and Mama time; I chased him and tickled him and hid from him. He was exhausted from laughing when we were done.

When Michael woke up he went to get Zaxby's for lunch. Finn fell asleep in the car immediately. When they got home I put Finn in the bed. He slept for almost 2 hours while we ate and watched the "Men Who Stare at Goats." Day 2 of project "good nap" was a huge success.

When Finn got up I made him eat a few black eyed peas. Given the expression on his face it should surprise no one that he didn't eat very many.
The rest of the night was nice. Finn was in the mood to play so he and I played up until bath time. I started laying on my back on the couch and bouncing him on my feet. After counting to 3 I would bounce him high and let him fall down onto the couch. I had hold of his hands the whole time so he was perfectly safe. To say he loved it is an understatement. The moment he had landed he would say more. At one point I was getting tired and took a second to relax my legs. I guess Finn thought I was quitting and in his sweetest voice said "more . . . please." I couldn't resist. I have noticed when Finn says please he touches his finder tips together (kind of like is getting a prayer position) I can't figure out where that came from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere