The Weekend

Finn had a big weekend. On Saturday Nana, Aunt Em and Cooper came to visit. In order to get Finn ready for his big visit I told him over and over than "Nana was coming to see him." Every time I said Nana, Finn would look at me and say "Papa." After Mom and Em got to my house we put the carseat in Mom's car and we all went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch. The boys sat right next to each other in the highchairs and laughed their heads off. First Coop would laugh, then then Finn would laugh. And it wasn't just a little giggle, it was the scrunch your face up, flail your arms about, straight from your gut sort of laugh. Near the end Finn caught on to the fact that we thought the boys were hilarious and then started forcing himself to laugh. I have never been a fan of the fake laughing, but this time it was cute. Finn ate a waffle fry for lunch and begged for a sip of my coke. After lunch we went across the street to go shopping at Home Goods. At Home Goods both boys got a buggy. Finn sat in the front of his and Coop sat in the back of his. Finn sat still for a good long while. Every so often we would see Cooper a few aisles away and start saying "Cooper" over and over. When we would walk away from Nana he would so the same thing.

Half way through our shopping trip I let Finn out of the buggy. He was in heaven running through those aisles. Shortly thereafter Coop got out of the buggy too and both boys starting running through the store. Finn would take off and Coop would be hot on his heels. While running about, I realized that Finn was just about to cut someone off so I grabbed his hand to stop him from running in front of this woman. I accidentally pulled too hard and he fell over and hit the back of his head on the floor. The whole store could've heard him cry. I picked him up and he laid his head over on my should and let it out.

Next we went back to my house and let the boys play for a while. I brought in Finn's four-wheeler and Finn and Coop rode for a few minutes in the living room. Then Finn and Coop read a book with Nana.



After Coop left Finn took a nice long nap and then we all went to church. Finn was absolutely awful when we dropped him off. Because there were so many kids in the room, I just sat Finn down on the other side of the baby gate. Big mistake.

Dad and Finn getting ready for a bath.

The next morning Finn and I made chocolate oatmeal cookies for our Sunday School Class. I have Finn a small bite as I was standing their dropping the cookies on the foil. After finishing the bite, grabbed my pants legs, gave it a tug and said "more?" I looked down at him and before I could say anything he said "pees." Which means please. Please is my new favorite word. He is so sweet when he said it. He gets this sincere look on his face and he rubs the palms of his hands together and say "pees." I cannot resist him when he does this. I am going to have to toughen up.

Finn was better today when I dropped him off at the nursery. On our way there we ran into Kristina. Kristina grabbed on of Finn's hands and I grabbed the other and he walked happily down the hall. When he realized where he was and worse, where he was headed, he dropped both of those arms immediately, turned around and tried to walk the other direction. It amazes me that he thinks that after all this time that would actually work.

After church we all went to Kroger and then I went back up the church to meet my Sunday School girls for lunch and skating. Before going to the rink we ate at Zaxby's. Then it was off to the torture chamber. I haven't skated in years and didn't pick it up very easily. I fell my first time around. Later in the day Michael and Finn made an appearance. When we first got their I took my skates off and walked him around the rink. There was loud music to dance to so he was pretty happy. Then I tried to get to watch me and the girls skate. As I skated away he started screaming. I have never seen him so unhappy to see me go (even when I leave him in the nursery).

We had so much fun skating. Victoria, Annabelle and Shelby put us all to shame. At one point Monica, Sam and I needed a break so we went outside for a few minutes. Kristina and Sidney skated next to me most of the day and made sure that if I fell they were right their to break my fall. I am so fortunate to have such a fun, sweet group of girls. There were several cameras at the rink today so if someone can send me pictures I will post them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday