Trick-R-Treating on the Square

On Friday I picked the boys up early from school for "Trick-R-Treating on the Square" in Gallatin. Before setting off, we met my friend Samantha for lunch at the "Ugly Pie."  Finn and Sam were pretty amped up - you see I put them in their Halloween costumes before we got there and they were both in full character.  To calm them down I put them on the couch and let them watch Batman on my phone.  Finn decided that he would rather practice his photograph skills - he took this one of me and Samantha.



His first legitimate "selfie."  Finn showed me this picture and said, "look, I took a selfer."  I was confused who he knew that word because it is not one that Michael and I use around the house often, if ever.

After lunch we set off in search of candy.  It was a great set up - all of the businesses on the square open their doors to trick-r-treaters.  We stopped into all of the law offices and the courthouses. One of the attorneys stood on the sidewalk wearing a scary mask (in his suit).  Both of my kids were terrified and wouldn't get anywhere near him.


Finn and Sam in the lobby of the main courthouse.

Finn and Sam with my favorite court officer. 

After leaving the courthouse we made a stop at another attorney's office.  Now, Finn and Sam had been very polite all day - saying "thank you" and "trick-r-treat" appropriately.  For some reason when we got to Jim's office, Sam decided to shed all of his good manners.  He walked up to the lady holding the candy bowl, opened his bag and just stared at her.  I said, "Sam, what do you say?"  Sam responded in his best Batman voice, "Put it in there!"  When I say "Batman voice", I mean the Christian Bale "Batman Voice." Thankfully, Jim's assistant had a good sense of humor.  

Our last stops were at the Juvenile Courthouse and the Juvenile Court Clerk's office.  I am so glad that I was able to take the boys.  The sky looked awful - but the weather held until we got home. They seemed to have a good time.  They were both obsessed with the eyeball shaped fruit chews.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday