The Tiger

On Thursday morning the new Warcraft expansion came out. All of the men in my house were PUMPED!



About a week ago, "Eye of the Tiger" came on in my car.  After one listen through they asked over and over again, "can we listen to "tiger"?  They call it "tiger."  I did not allow myself to get too excited as both of my kids love music.

Fast forward one week.

On Friday of this week, we went to the Main Campus for the Chili Cook-Off.  The preschoolers were invited to say the Pledge of Allegiance before the Green and Gold game. On the way to the school the boys asked to listen to "Tiger."  As the team was warming up they played a variety of music over the loud speaker.  Right before the kids were set to start "pledging" (meaning they were lined up and ready to go) "Eye of the Tiger" came on over the loud speaker.  From across the gym you could see the exact moment both Finn and Sam started to realize that their "song" was playing. Finn, Sam and Finn' s good friend Jack all started to dance.  We then saw Finn turn around to Ms. Cindy.  Michael and I think that Finn was telling Ms. Cindy that he loves this song.

When we got home, I decided to press my luck and turn on the opening scene to ROCKY IV.  The scene shows Rocky's fight with Clubber Lang set to the "Eye of the Tiger." The boys were instantly hooked.  Let me just say - I HAVE WAITED FIVE YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT."  I basked in it as much as Michael would let me.   We watched the opening scene no less than five times. They loved the boxing gloves hitting together.  Every time we watched Sam said, "Do you see the flag mom?"  Next we watched the training scene (Heart's of Fire) and Rocky's fight with the Russian.  The boys didn't move a muscle the entire time.  When one scene ended they begged for another. On Saturday we got up and did it all over again, except this time, we added in a little ROCKY III.  Finn was interested in seeing a scene where Rocky lost.  They also loved the fight with Hulk Hogan - big shock.  I haven't watched this much Rocky since I was Finn's age. It has been a day for this mama.

Okay, back to the Chili Cook Off.  Here is a picture of the boys lined up getting ready to say the pledge.  Finn's friend Jack is in between the boys.  Finn and Sam both did a great job.  They stood still, said the Pledge and then sang "My Country Tis of Thee" on the top of their lungs.

After saying the Pledge, we went out to Brixx Pizza with Jack and his mom and dad.  They were a lot of fun to hang out with. It was pretty crowded so we sat at a high top table.  Sam was a little unsteady sitting up on the high seat.  Thankfully, he didn't fall out. Finn and Jack sat down at the end of the table and ignored the rest of us all evening.

On Saturday I took Finn to Ana's birthday party.  It was a "Frozen" themed party so Finn played "Pin the Nose on Olaf" and "Do you Wanna Build a Snowman."  In this game, Finn was wrapped up in toilet paper and then dressed as a snowman (scarf, hat, etc).  He looked so cute.

Oh, and I ran nine miles today. Dad, Em and Lauren have challenged me to fun the Music City Half Marathon.  For the past few weeks I have been "testing the water" so to speak.   I got back to the house a little before noon.  It is now 9:07 and I am still really, really nauseated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday