Finn's Day Job





Well, today was my first full day of work since Finn was born. While I will not be going back totally until after the first of the year, I did travel to Savannah today with Maryam to interview witnesses. Consequently, today was Finn's first day with Victoria and JT. Victoria and I were in the same Sunday School class for the past few years and now we teach 6th grade Sunday School together. She has a 5 month old son named JT. Victoria has graciously agreed to keep Finn part time when I go back to work full-time. I guess you can call today our acclimation period.

In order to get both myself and Finn ready I had to get up at 5:00 to shower and dress. I woke Finn up at 6:00 to eat and we were out the door by 6:45. It was difficult to drop Finn off. It seems so unnatural to leave him. While I have left him before, this felt more permanent - probably because I was in a suit and actually going to my office. However, I felt comfort knowing that he was in good hands and that he would and will in the future enjoy his time with JT. He was so happy when I left him this morning and I did pretty good too. I started tearing up a little when I was getting in the car so I called Michael as a distraction. By the time I got to the interstate I was fine.

Once at work, I rode with Maryam to Savannah and left my car in Nashville. When I got back to my car I noticed a card in the front seat that had "Mom" on it. It was from Finn! Well, it was really from Michael, but it read as though Finn wrote it. It was so sweet and I cried for the second time today.
I picked Finn up around 4:00. I was so happy and relieved to hear that Finn did really well. I have to admit that I wanted Finn to miss me a little (selfish, I know). But that mindset all changed when I dropped him off this morning. I am so much more concerned with him being happy while away from us. I really think he was happy. When I picked him up today he would look at Victoria and smile. It made me feel really good about going back to work.

After we got home I prepared dinner and rocked Finn. After dinner Finn has some tummy time. He can lift is head off the floor now and look around for a few minutes. In addition Finn noticed Kodiak for the first time. For the last two months Finn has been completely oblivious to Fannie Mae and Kodiak. Well tonight while lying on the couch Finn spotted Kodiak sitting on the top of the couch. And thus it begins - poor Fannie Mae and Kodiak.

PS: Finn is two months old!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday