Thanksgiving Day








Today is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - you don't buy gifts, you don't wrap presents - you just spend time with your family cooking and eating. So of course I was really excited to spend Thanksgiving with Finn. I just knew he would be a perfect angel - wrong, he either fussed, ate or slept the entire day. He was lousy.

As for our day, I woke Finn up at 6:30 to feed him and then he sat in the swing while I had breakfast. Mom made a great breakfast - cheese grits, apple crumb muffins and egg casserole. After breakfast we sat in the den and watched a few minutes of the parade.

Next, I attempted to take our family Christmas picture. I put Finn in his Christmas outfit and less than 10 minutes later "excrement" had exploded out of his diaper and up the back of the outfit. So we had to wait until his clothes had been washed and dried before we could take the picture. Okay, after we got Finn redressed we went outside to take our picture next to the holly tree. I underestimated how cold and windy it was outside so we were only able to take a few pictures. They weren't very good because our hair was blowing all over the place and Finn wouldn't look up because it was so windy. So, on to plan B - inside pictures next to the tree. Well that didn't work either because Finn was unconsolable. At that point we scratched the whole thing and I put Finn down for his nap. It was at this time that the wheels started to turn for plan C. After I was sure he was really asleep I moved him back under the tree and Michael and I got down right next to him and we got the perfect shot - thank goodness. (The picture I posted is not the one we are using for the card).

Next we had lunch - I don't remember a Thanksgiving where we laughed so much during dinner. I can't really blog about what we talked about because it is not what one might consider appropriate for dinner time conversation, but it was so much fun. Best Thanksgiving dinner EVER! The boys missed out because they were asleep.

After dinner Ruby Jo (Greg's mom) and Julie came to visit and play with boys. It was at this point that I changed Finn into his Turkey onsie. It wasn't five minutes later that we had to wash that onsie too. While that onsie was being washed we put him in another onsie and you guessed it, Finn had an encore. We washed a lot of onsies. At that point I gave up.

Next Em, Zac, Michael and I went outside and played with Zac and Michael's new balls. Mom always gets us a present for Thanksgiving - Em and I got ornaments and Michael and Zac got huge super balls with glitter inside. We were having a really good time until one of us accidentally hit mom in the face with the ball (these ball are really heavy and hurt really bad when you get hit - I got hit several times) but she handled it like a champ.

Then we played Taboo - boys against girls - girls won. After the game I decided to put Finn back in his Turkey onsie - I love this onsie and I refused to let Thanksgiving pass us by without Finn wearing it! Happily there were no more accidents and we were able to take a few pictures.

About 30 minutes before we left Finn woke up and was in a good mood - go figure. Even though Finn was not as perfect as I would have hoped - this was a wonderful Thanksgiving and I can't wait to do it all again next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday