Christmas Eve










Tonight is Christmas Eve. It is our first Christmas Eve as a family. We had such a good time. Finn and I watched Christmas programs on TV while Michael was out buying bigger diapers and ringworm cream. Next I made some Rotel and Chocolate chip cookies. While I was cooking, Finn sat on this couch and played with his Dad. Finn also started playing with Mini-Trash. He can hold him now and sucked on his ears. After having our snacks, I held Finn while Michael read him a Christmas story about Santa Claus. After we put Finn to bed Michael let me open one of my presents. It was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!!!! Next we put all of Finn’s presents under the tree. This year Santa brought Finn one gift (a jumping gym) but we put all of the gifts he got from his grandparents to make a better picture. It was really special and exciting getting ready for Christmas morning. I was afraid that I would feel really sad about Finn growing up, but I wasn’t at all. I was so giddy all night. Everything was more fun – even the mundane activities seemed entertaining. Now I know how much fun my parents had watching us on Christmas Eve! Christmas is so much more fun with children, even if those children are too young to know what is going on. After we set Finn’s presents out Michael and I sat up late and watched Harry Potter.

It was a wonderful night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday