The Bachelor

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would pretend to be interested in something on TV just so that you could stay up past your bedtime? Well, at the tender age of five (5) months, Finn has perfected this scheme. Tonight we did everything like we always do. We had cereal, then a bath and then we nursed while rocking. Finn always get drowsy when he nurses and then we put him to bed.

We ran into a few snags tonight. First, I didn't really have a lot to give Finn (if you catch my drift). He was not at all pleased about this and in showing his displeasure he gnawed on me and punched me repeatedly in my lady pillows (again, if you catch my drift). It really hurt both the twins and my feelings. The second snag came by way of the Bachelor Finale. Finn was completely transfixed. He would spin his head around exorcist style to see Jake's final pick. I know good and well that Finn doesn't care who wins the Bachelor. He just wanted to stay up late.

Anyway, Finn sat and smiled at the TV for a long time. And I don't mean he smiled a little - he grinned from ear to ear. He would sit and smile at the TV. I can't be sure, but I think that he would smile because the people on TV were cheesing it up so big. Finn hasn't quite caught on to the fact that the people on the TV are not smiling at him.

After an hour of pointless rocking I laid down with Finn on the couch but he still wanted to watch TV. Finally, I turned the TV off and within 30 seconds (no joke) he had turned his head toward me and was sound asleep. I love cuddling with Finn. I didn't want to put him to bed.



I am not sure why Finn was so wired, he had a pretty fun filled day. Well, actually his day was pretty normal, it was mine that was fun filled. Today was my first day working for myself. I quit my job with the Department of Health and opened a little office in Hendersonville so that I could work closer to home and spend more time with Finn. I am so excited. The excitement helps to mask the feeling of impending doom.

Anyway, back to Finn. He had a fun time at home tonight. He sat on his dad. . .



He sat on his dad some more. . .


He practiced balancing on his play gym. . . (FYI - that thing is not sturdy at all. Finn would lean too far forward and almost ate carpet several times.)



He played with his ball. . .


Then, just as quickly as he grew interested in ball, he lost interest in said ball when he realized that there was basketball on TV.


This is Finn watching basketball.

Comments

  1. Nice hair cut Michael. Erin..I'm so glad you like your job!! I meant to call you and ask you about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday