The Oscars




Today our little family packed up in the car and went to Staples. On my last day with the Department, my friends gave me a gift card to Staples which completely paid for my printer combo. Finn had a great time - mostly because he played with his duck the entire time. I rediscovered this little duck earlier during the day. Finn loves it - probably because it is soft and small enough for him to hold.

Tonight Finn and I watched the Oscars. But before the Oscar came on Finn had his bath. Finn usually loves to take a bath, but tonight he acted a little weird. After getting him out of the tub and putting him in his towel, Finn started shivering. I have never seen Finn shiver. Then he started crying really loud. During this big fussing session Finn said "Mama" for the first time. It was clear as a bell. I know that he didn't know what he was doing, but he can make the sound.

At around 12:30 Finn woke up squalling. The cry was pretty intense so I got him out of the crib. I noticed that he was really hot so I took his temperature. It was 103. Michael and I immediately took Finn to the emergency room. (At the time we didn't realize that 103 is not a terribly high temperature for a baby). Anyway, once at the ER Finn got on the scales and weighed in at 21 pounds, 11 ounces.

Next they put us in an examination room where we waited until 3:30. It was awful. Michael and I were so tired. It took the doctor two hours to see us and then when he finally got into the room he was pulled out for another emergency. Luckily Finn slept for a while. He had pretty much stopped crying was appeared to feel much better. At 4:00ish we learned that Finn's temperature had gone down and that he had an ear infection. The doctor wrote us a prescription for amoxicillian and we went home. I put Finn in the bed with us to monitor him. He was pretty hungry so I let him eat. It was pitch dark and I was about asleep when I felt Finn chomp down on me. It hurt so bad, especially because I wasn't expecting it. Without thinking I said "ouch" really loud which scared Finn to death and he started crying again. By 5:00 we were all sleep. To be continued. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere