Magellan

Today I woke up early. I had to be in court at 8:00 so I got up an hour earlier than normal. I was hoping that Finn would sleep until at least 6:00 so that I could work out, shower and pump before feeding him. At 7:00 I went in his room to check on him. Upon peering into the crib I discovered why Finn was sleeping so soundly . . .

. . . yep, my boy is side sleeper.



Today was also Finn's first unofficial career day, or in other words he went to court with his Mama. Upon arriving at the courthouse Finn got to go through the metal detector. The officer at the metal detector took him from me while I went through. He said it was a safety precaution, I think he just wanted to hold Finn. Next we went up to the courtroom. There were several attorneys sitting in the circuit court courtroom. Their faces were hilarious when I walked in with the Finnster. I told everyone he was my paralegal. Unfortunately Finn didn't get to stay to see his Mama work - Gran picked him up before docket call. It was fun having him with me.

At around 2:00 Michael called to tell me that Kodiak had run away. In my hast to get to court I guess I left the front door open and he escaped. Fannie escaped too, but she only got to the front porch before laying down. Before leaving work I made some fliers with Kodiak's picture on it. When I got home I put Finn in the stroller and the two of us went looking for Kodiak. Deniece and Michael had looked all day with no success so I wasn't holding out much hope. Nevertheless Finn and I started handing out fliers. I had only handed out one flier before spotting Kodiak sitting in a window two doors down. He looked scared to death. When I called his name he started crying. I seemed really relieved to have been found. When I got home I was so excited that I ran in the house with Kodiak and shut the door. Unfortunately I left Finn in stroller on the porch. He wasn't too offended.


Comments

  1. hahah. that cat is always 2 doors down. At least he doesn't realise yet that he cou'd go a lot further.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere