Take Your Child to Work Day







Friday was the annual take your child to work day courtesy of the Law Office of L. Erin Begley (as shown on the hit tv show "The Office").

First Finn accompanied his mother to the Office Depot to purchase bond paper and file folders. Next we went to the bank and to the post office. Upon arriving at the office Finn met Evelyn, the friendly administrative assistant. She couldn't stop laughing at Finn's hair and made the comment that it looked just like Mr. Oliver's hair (the senior attorney in the office and my office landlord). Evelyn just had to compare the two so we all went to visit Mr. Oliver's office. He thought Finn was a "very strapping young man". A.K.A fat.

Next Finn went upstairs to his Mama's office so that she could do a little bit of work. All I had planned to do was mail a few letters and make a few phone calls. I figured all together those tasks would take 30 minutes. As always, I underestimated the Finnster. We were there for two and half hours. First Finn refused to sit in the floor so I held him the entire time. All was going well until I started printing the first envelope and the printer jammed. Unjamming a printer is almost impossible to do with a baby in your arms (especially when you have no idea how to unjam a printer in the first place). As luck would have it this happened twice. So I put Finn in my office chair, gave him a calculator and hoped to goodness that he wouldn't face plant into the hardwood. Mission accomplished.

Next I had to make a phone call. Through a series of events that could not have foreseen, one phone call turned into seven phone calls. Around call number three Finn got hungry. In order to keep Finn happy I fed Finn (laying in the floor of my office) while talking to Child Protective Services and trying to figure out how to get my client's children back. While it may sound uncomfortable and tedious, this was actually my most relaxing part of the day.

At around noon Finn and I left the office and ventured to Manchester to spend a fun filled weekend with Nana and Papa. To Be Continued. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere