Babies Really Will Put Anything in their Mouths!!!!!

WARNING: DESCRIPTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS POST CONTAIN DISTURBING CONTENT. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Today it was confirmed that babies really will put anything in their mouths; or at least mine will. I thought it couldn't get any worse than the time I walked in and saw Finn chewing on my panties; it did. Then I thought it couldn't get any worse when I walked in and saw Finn chewing on one of his used diapers; it did. Then I thought it couldn't get any worse than when I saw Finn chewing on my razor (I am pleased to report no injury on that one. However, I have no idea how we managed to get out of that one unscathed); but it did. Today . . . Finn ate cat poop. I was able to catch him before he could bite into it or swallow it , but it was without a doubt the single grossest thing I have ever seen Finn put in his mouth. I screamed, grabbed him took him to the sink and washed his hands. Then I checked his teeth for any "left overs." None to be found. Finally I did a breath check - all clear. After waking Michael up I got online to research the effects of cat feces on the human body. As it turns out nearly 50% of all children eat feces at some point; whether it be cat, dog or bird, and all live to be heckled about it later in life. I will be watching his stool closely over the next few days for any irregularities.

The rest of the day was not nearly as eventful. First Finn woke his dad up.
Then he played with this new jungle gym. He also stood up by himself today. At one point I looked over at Finn and he was standing straight up, not holding on to anything, right in the middle of the living room. Were it not for the cat poop incident, this big accomplishment would have been the lead story.
(This has nothing to do with Finn, I just thought that Kodiak looked cute.)
Today for Finn's snack I gave him a grape. First I would peel it then I would cut it into four pieces. Finn loves grapes. He would put all the grapes in this mouth at once, which really defeats the purpose of cutting them up, and hold them in his cheeks like a chipmunk. He looked so funny with a mouth full of grapes. Then he spit them all back out and started the process all over again. He managed to eat all the grapes, but they were unrecognizable by the time he was finished.


While Finn was eating his grapes I ran upstairs real quick to get my shoes. About half way up the stairs I heard Finn cough and gag. I ran back down as quickly as possible, scared that he had choked on a grape. When he saw me he gave me this look as if to say"gotcha." When I left again, same thing. He really is more manipulative than he looks.

Next we went to Kroger to get formula and cabbage. FYI, today is day one of "no more nursing."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday