Memory Lane


Today Michael and I woke up at 10:30. We felt great. I can't believe that I was able to sleep that late. After breakfast we lounged around until lunch. After lunch I watched a terrible movie while lying in the tree house bed and then we lounged around some more until after the rain stopped and then we went to town.

During our trip to Gatlinburg I took Michael on a trip down memory lane. Too bad it wasn't our memories as a couple. Instead it was memories made with MJ, Zac and other kids that grew up in Manchester, Tennessee. So buckle up, I am about to take you on the Good Stuf Conference tour!!

We started the tour off by getting a caramel apple and salt water taffy at the Smoky Mountain Candy Kitchen.


Next, we moseyed past the sky lift.

We went to the Ripley's moving theater; and

the Space Needle; and then on the conference site.

Next we trekked on up the hill to the Glenstone Lodge. The place is in some real need of a face lift.



We even managed to sneak inside the hotel and catch a glimpse of the pool. This pool was the best thing ever; at least at the age of 14.


As the tour was coming to an end, Michael agreed to have his picture taken outside the Ripley's Believe it Not theater; and I had my picture taken next to a random bear.

I have no emotional attachment to the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg, but wanted to take a picture of it anyway.

When we got back to the cabin I prepared dinner; taco salad and hummus, and we sat in the den and watched a few more episodes of LOST.

Afterwards we settled in for a nice long, COLD, nights sleep. One of the best things about vacation is turning the air conditioner down as low as possible!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday