12/10/19??

Yesterday (Thursday) Finn and I embarked on our journey to go see Nana for her ??th birthday. However, before getting there we had to take a small detour. At the last minute I had a meeting scheduled at DCS in Wilson County. Since Wilson County is on my way home, I had no alternative other than to take the Finnster with me. I know it is not terribly professional for a lawyer to bring her child to a serious meeting, but DCS does stand for the Department of Children's Services and I figured if I was ever going to bring him to a meeting this would be my best bet.

Finn was very happy to be at the meeting, which by the way took an hour and half. Although he was in a great mood, he was still a bit distracting. He ate 7 graham crackers and got crumbs everywhere, he crumbled up the dead leaves on the plant, he messed with the blinds, he yelled at the big trucks as they passed by the window, he pointed and yelled at my client's sleeping baby, he pulled the ornaments off of the Christmas tree, he touched the Christmas lights and yelled "hot" and finally, he rearranged the furniture. I would be mid sentence and see out of the corner of my eye Finn moving a chair across the room. It really was like a scene out of a movie. Thank goodness he's pretty.

After the meeting we went to Manchester to spend the night with Nana and Papa. Finn was in a good mood and played with his Nana for a while. Later on he would look at the back door and say "papa." He was so excited when Papa came home; he dropped everything and went straight to him.

Finn really enjoyed dinner too. We had field peas, roast, carrots and sweet potatoes. Finn opted for sweet corn muffins. He ate three and nothing else. After dinner we sat in the den and watched Finn play with the toys. A few minutes later Finn left. When he came back into the den he had a corn muffin in his hand. I guess he went back for more. I have no idea how he managed to reach up on the table and get the muffin.

The next morning Nana made Finn an orange sweet roll for breakfast. Then Finn and Nana sat for a few minutes and read a book.



Finn got distracted pretty early on by pictures of Papa.

Since it was Friday Mom had to go to school. After mom left Finn and I got ready. While I was getting ready Finn emptied all of Nana's drawers and cabinets. I tried my best to put everything back where Finn found it. Then we packed the car and went to visit Nana at school. Finn had a great time. His favorite part of the visit was the gym. He loved hearing the basketballs hit the floor. He definitely tried to make a break for the gym several times. He also met some of Nana's coworkers, one of which gave him a Twix.


Finn in Nana's office playing with the Shaker


Finn meeting Teresa.



On our way home we stopped to have lunch with Dad at Wendy's. While at the restaurant Finn offered his food to a man sitting next to us, threw his fork at two ladies behind him and ate a lot of the bun to my hamburger. While there a woman came up to me and told me that Finn was so cute. She then told me to enjoy every minute.

Next Finn and I stopped by my old office to say hi to my old work buddies. It was nice to catch up with everyone. Finn was big hit. He was very friendly and talkative and had a ball running through the halls. He even showed everyone how he can "high five." Finn even managed to get a picture with Shiva. Our last stop was to Christy Allen's office. As we were having a conversation, Finn started yelling "minnie" over and over. I did a quick sweep of Christy's desk and didn't see anything Mickey Mouse related so I just ignored him. The yelling, however, persisted. Finally Christy asked me what he was saying. I asked if she had anything Mickey Mouse related on her desk. Sure enough she had a Mickey Mouse coffee mug on the back corner of her desk.


We finally made it home around 2:30. Finn took a long nap. When Michael got home we had dinner and Finn is now sound asleep in bed.

It was really good day. Happy Birthday Nana. We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere