Meee Mouse

I knew it was only a matter of time before Finn discovered the ornaments on the tree and folks that time has arrived. However, Finn only shows interest in the Mickey/Minnie Mouse ornaments. When we sees one he get really excited and yells "MEEE MOUSE." I don't know if that is Mickey or Minnie, but he seems to use them interchangeably. It is really quite cute except for the fact that I now have at least three (3) Mickey Mouse ornaments in two or more pieces. He gets super excited and crushes them in his fist. Last night he brought me all the Mickey ornaments that he could reach. Luckily I have found all the pieces and they are setting on the kitchen counter waiting to be superglued back together.


Here we have Finn throwing Mickey Mouse away.


Today and yesterday were home days for me. Basically I am lawyer Monday through Wednesday and I am a stay at home mom Thursday and Friday. Yesterday, Finn and I ran errands all day. First we went to Walmart to buy a phone for my office. While there, an elderly gentleman and his wife walked up to Finn and asked him "who combed your hair this morning." He then made the comment that Finn looked like a little old man that just woke up in the morning. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the static out of Finn's hair.

Next we went to Juvenile court to pick up a file and then on to Radio Shack. When we finally got home for the day Finn was exhausted. I turned Thomas on and left him in the den floor while I put the finishing touches on dinner. When I walked back into the den, Finn was laying flat on his back; he must have been pooped!

We had dinner last night over at the Begley's. Deniece has recently had surgery and we brought over dinner. Deniece's cousin Gina was there too and helped with the fixings. For dinner Finn ate a Sister Schubert roll and loved it. After dinner Finn played with this trucks and blocks. We tried so hard to get him to hold the baby doll, but he flat out told us "no." Sorry MJ, but we are trying to get Finn accustomed to little babies.

Today (Friday) when Finn woke up I got up with him and we went downstairs. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch and was awakened to Finn pulling my hair and yelling "up." During the early part of the day Finn helped me clean my bathroom, bedroom and office. During which he spilled an entire glass of coke on the carpet, knocked over my container of paper clips and dropped his Dr. Seuss ABC book in the toilet. I am currently in the market for a very small straight jacket.


This is a picture of Finn reading his "Elmo" book while sitting in this own little corner. Most of Finn's toys are in the upstairs den, or maybe I should get call it what it really is - the playroom. In this room, the couch and the loveseat come together making a perfect little nook for Finn to play in.


Finn watching Thomas the Train after his stint of wreaking havoc.


Finn helping me clean the bathroom.


Next we met Dad at Wendy's for lunch and then Finn and I went to do the grocery shopping. We had a good trip except for the creepy man that kept following us around. Oh, and I ran into a client in the store. I hate running into clients at any place other than the courthouse or jail.

We are also learning that to Finn the word "hot" actually means anything temperature slightly above or even below room temperature. Now when he feels cold water he will say "hot." Also yesterday while we were getting ready to go to town I put Finn down in his bare feet on the garage floor. He would pick one foot up at a time reach up for me and in a panicked voice say "hot!"

After dinner Greg, Shelley and Macey T. came over to eat apple dumplings and play. Finn was only relatively friendly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday