Aunt Chelsea's Graduation



On Saturday we celebrated Aunt Chelsea earning her Master's Degree is Marriage and Family Counseling.  I attended the outdoor ceremony at Trevecca.  Finn and Sam did not attend the ceremony for obvious reasons.
Photo: Beauty and Brains!

After the graduation ceremony we went to Ellendale's for lunch.



Finn and Sam were not fan's of the buffet and instead at chicken nuggets and cinnamon ice cream.





In order to keep Sam happy and occupied through the entire meal, I set Sam up with a "read-with-me" book in a quiet corner of the private room.  Finn soon joined him.


As Finn was sitting in the floor, the serve accidentally spilled an huge glass of beer on Finn's head and down the back of his shirt.  He smelled like yeast the rest of the day.




After dinner, Gran took Finn and Sam to her house while Michael and I went to a house warming party in Bellview.  

On Friday, after picking the boys up from school, I stopped to a do a little "kill time" shopping.  I knew better, I really did, but I was in the mood to browse.  I decided to stop at Stein-Mart. I like to go to Stein-Mart with the boys because they have buggies.  When it was time to try on the clothes, I navigated the buggy into the biggest dressing room that I could find.  I told Finn to play with his brother while I tried stuff on.  I was very careful in the dressing room - I put as much as I could on over my clothes and removed my clothing only after I had covered up with something else.  For example, I didn't remove my pants until I had the dress on.  Well, this didn't appease Finn.  In a very loud voice Finn said, "Mom! I am not allowed to be in the room when you change your clothes!  In a whispered voice I explained to Finn that under these particular circumstance, it could not be helped and that it was okay.  This explanation did not satisfy Finn and he kept on, "But Mom, you said . . . why are letting me watch you change your clothes."   There were other people in the dressing room and I was so embarrassed.  Nothing gets by Finn. 

Then Finn starts asking me why he couldn't watch Godzilla videos.  I told him because they say "ugly words." He immediately responds with, "but Mom, you watch shows with ugly words and you watch shows where people disobey God - remember when we watched it together on Saturday morning."  I feel very certain that Finn had planned this entire conversation and purposefully sprung it on me in public.  It sounded WAY too scripted.  Again, I felt like the worst mother ever and every person the Stein-Mart dressing room knows that I allegedly watched an ugly, sinful movie with my four year old on a Saturday morning.  Before my "avid" readers think the same - our Saturday morning XXX show was Dateline NBC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday