Skip to main content

Mother's Day Weekend

 On Saturday we drove down to Nana and Papa's house to celebrate Mother's Day weekend.  On the way down we stopped at a store in Murfreesboro to make a quick exchange.  I misspoke - nothing is quick about Murfreesboro.  Anyway, while in the store, I turn around to find Sam rubbing a mannequin's leg.  He said, "it is so beautiful mom."

Once we got to Nana and Papas house me went to Ms. Shelton's to pick up my picture.  Finn and Sam played in the yard while he oohed and ahhed over her selection.  When I went outside to check on the boys I found that Finn had moved Ms. Shelton's decorative rocks (big rocks) away from her flower bed.  I hurriedly and very quietly put them back where they went - or at least I hope I did.

Next we went back to the house and played on the new swingset that Papa made for all the boys.
 Sam relaxing in Adirondack chair on the covered deck.


Finn and I swinging.  Finn wanted to see who could go the highest.  He claims to have won. I will dispute that to my dying day.


 Next Finn wanted to race.  Even barefoot and in a dress, I smoked em' all.


 Finn wiped out on his second race.
 It was all made better with a sip of Diet Pepsi.

After playing outside, we came in and made sandwiches on the panini maker.  Finn and Sam had peanut butter and jelly.  Only they didn't eat their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because Nana gave him crunchy peanut butter - oh the horror.

 After supper the boys played upstairs.  Much of their playing involved dog piling Papa.



 The next morning Finn woke me up with a surprise - donuts in the bed.  He was so proud of his efforts.  So proud in fact, that he took two of my donuts off my plate while I wasn't watching.


 Our "all dressed up and ready for church" picture.



We went to church at FBC Sparta.  Sam was terrible and Finn was whiny.  Midway through the service I took Sam to the nursery.  They couldn't give him back to me fast enough at the end of the service.  Sam must have cried most of the time.  In fact, when I picked him up he was still crying.  When he saw Finn for the first time he cried as hard as I have ever heard him cry.

Next we went to Aunt Laura's for Mother's day/ Papa' birthday.  I gave Sam a banana and put him down for a nap in the pack-n-play as soon as humanly possible.  He thankfully slept the entire time.



All the group pictures. . .







Finn with his new buddy Caleb.  Finn thought it was awesome that Caleb called him "Sven."

 Sam, after I woke him up.




This picture about sums it up - Sam in poor spirits and Finn with the thumbs up.

We had a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.






We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.


They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.


One of my favorites!



Another favorite.




And . . . another favorite.









They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.



It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."