Teen Court Banquet

This morning as I was getting Finn dressed he asked for a fresh pair of underwear.  I gave him some fresh underwear, but he didn't put it on immediately.  I asked it what he was waiting for.  He said, "I have an itch."  I asked if we wanted me to wash him down.  He told me no that he probably just had a mosquito bite (down there).  He quickly amended his statement to "boys just inch more than girls."  He followed up with, "and girls get colder than boys."  For his closing remark he said, "and that's what counts mom."  I was so tickled with his logic.  We went from 'why Finn didn't need a wash off' to Finn explaining the differences between boys and girls.

On this way to school this morning Finn told me how sad it was that Pa never gets to sleep at night.  (Finn has really missed Pa lately and regularly tells me how much he wants Pa to come visit.) I told Finn that Pa does sleep at night.  He said "how, he works all day and he works all night."  To make a long story short, Finn has assumed that since he doesn't get to see Pa when he (Finn) is at Gran's house that Pa must certainly work all night long.  I explained to Finn that Pa lives far away and that is the reason he doesn't see Pa when he goes to Gran's house.  To that, Finn said in his most shocked voice, "Pa doesn't live with Gran!"

On Thursday we all headed down to the Hendersonville Christian Academy main campus for the Sumner County Teen Court banquet. Finn and Sam were happy to go when they learned they would be going to the "main campus."   When we got there Finn commented several times on odd it was that we were eating in the dark (mood lighting). Sam sat down and immediately ate a huge piece of carrot cake.

In between mouthfuls of cake, Sam managed to see a little baked ziti.  And when I say "ate" what I actually mean is Sam sucked the sauce off of the noodles and spit the noodles in the floor. Since I was having a nice time talking with my good friend Samantha, I didn't notice until Sam had quite a collection on the floor.

Then he came over to sit next to me ate my piece of cake too.


Midway through dinner Finn spotted Headmaster Slater at one of the tables.  He asked Michael if he could go over and say hello.  Not to be left behind, Sam went over too.  I let them walk over all by themselves.  Finn was so friendly, sweet and polite.  Sam was just excited to see a familiar face.

When the program started, Michael took the boys out to the playground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday