Climb Nashville

On Saturday we went with our friends Dustin and Elena to Climb Nashville.  Michael and I have never been indoor climbing so I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be strong enough to do it.  We got there about 5:00.  Before we were allowed to climb, we had put on our harness, our climbing shoes and had to take a belay course.  After the course we were free to climb.  This is a picture of the main climbing wall.  It was pretty daunting to look up at from the floor.






I loved indoor climbing.  It was REALLY hard.  It killed my forearms and my hands.  By the end of each attempt up the wall, my forearms and hands would literally shake uncontrollably.  I was able to climb to the top of a 5.8. By the time I got to the top I was so out of breath that I could barely ask my belayer to let me down. Coming down is so much fun - it is almost just like repelling.  You just lean back, kick off the wall and go down.  It was awesome.



Michael was able to scale a 5.9.  Dustin did a 5.10

Next we met our friends Roger and Anna for supper at Burger Republic.

While we were climbing, the boys hung with Gran.  They went to Barnes and Noble and bought book.  Finn got a "Big Hero 6" book and Sam a "Disney Character" book.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday