Skip to main content

WrestleMania




Well, last night Finn learned the meaning of true disappointment.  It all started when we went over to Uncle David’s house to watch WrestleMania.  This is like the Super Bowl of professional wrestling.  Finn has been looking forward to this event for a long, long time because his favorite wrestler was fighting in the main event.

We got to David and Sharon’s house around 7:30.  We had church that evening so we missed a couple of the big events (Intercontinental Ladder Match, the Andre the Giant Match and the match between Randy Orton (another of Finn’s favorites) and Seth Rolllins.

Once we were settled in, Uncle David brought out his WWE Heavy weight belt and the boys went nuts.  Sam and Finn were so pumped.  They wrestled and jumped off of things and cheered for a couple of hours.  Sam was really excited during the John Cena v. Rusev match – he sang John Cena’s entrance music and strutted around.

We didn't get to stay for the main event because Aunt Sharon went into labor and had to go to the hospital!  Once we got home, Michael hooked the computer up to TV and we watched some of the stuff we missed. We caught up on the Ladder Match and Orton/Rollins match and then we watched the Main Event.  It was closing in on 11:00 so Sam went on to bed while Finn and I snuggled on the couch. 

I have to hand it to the WWE – they taught Finn an important lesson last night – and that lesson was “the good guys don’t always win.”  Needless to say Finn’s “guy” didn't win last night, but the way in which he lost killed Finn’s spirit.  Since I was snuggling with him, I could actually feel the hope leave his little body.  He looked so defeated when he said, “mom, I am so frustrated.”  Then his little eyes welled up with tears.  He is so used to seeing the “good guy” win that he didn't know how to handle the idea that sometimes the “bad guy” comes out on top. 

Overall, it was night filled with, drama, excitement, intrigue and heartache!  Who knew the WWE was so awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.






We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.


They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.


One of my favorites!



Another favorite.




And . . . another favorite.









They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.



It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."