PCB 2015 Leaving Day





Our last day at the beach was a tough one.  I had to leave the family vacation on Wednesday (as opposed to Saturday) because I was leaving to go to Uganda the next day.  The day started with a run and then took the boys down to the beach for one last swim.  I am not ashamed to say that I was really sad.  I didn’t want to leave the beach.  The boys are old enough to really enjoy the ocean.  Finn and Sam played at the beach much more than they played at the pool.  They loved building sand castles and jumping waves.  Today as we were driving home I asked Sam what his favorite thing was about the beach and he said, “jumping the waves.”  His idea of jumping the waves was to have me hold him and he would grab onto my neck.  He would then look out to sea and say, “I SEE ONE MAMA; JUMP!” And we jumped over the wave.  When he saw a big wave he said, “oh my gosh – the biggest wave I’ve ever seen!”


We also saw a lot of fish.  There was hardly anyone in the ocean at 7:45 a.m. and you could see tons of fish.  I feel very certain that I saw a baby shark.  I felt a very dense object run into my leg so when I looked down to see a long, pointy, grey fish swimming through the water.  We also saw an enormous fish jump out of the water and a crab scurry sideways down the sand into the ocean. There were also lots of little shells lying around so the boys collected shells and gave them to me. 

We left around 11:00 a.m. We made a quick stop at the Sonic and we are now all cramped up in the car heading for Hendersonville.


The boys entertained themselves in the backseat until we stopped for lunch at Jim-N-Nicks.  Nothing of note happened at lunch except that Finn thought the bathroom smelled disgusting and refused to use the toilet unless I would help him put paper on the seat.  






Sam pretending to be asleep wear my neck pillow.  He put this on by himself.


We made it home by 8:30.  The last two hours of the trip were pretty pleasant.  The boys watched Godzilla videos on Youtube. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday