Fannie and the Finnster (October 28, 2009)






Long before Finn arrived I had another love in my life - my cat Fannie Mae. I got Fannie when I was 20 years old and even though she is not the ideal pet (extremely prideful, gets mad and refuses to use her litter box, is afraid of her own shadow, not nice to visitors, and has been diagnosed with depression and schizophrenia) I love her unconditionally. Fannie is a very jealous cat. She doesn't like anything or anyone that she sees as competition. Knowing Fannie as well as we do we knew that she would be less than fond of Finn. As predicted, the day we brought Finn home she walked right up to him, gave him a sniff and started hissing at him. After that brief encounter Fannie and Finn stayed in different rooms. It took almost a month for Fannie to even agree to exist in the same room as Finn. Because I spend so much time with Finn, and Fannie has refused to be around Finn, Fannie and I have not spent any time together. As such Fannie has not had her daily dose of attention and affection - until today. Out of complete loneliness and desperation, Fannie crawled right up on the couch with Michael and Finn. It was funny to watch Fannie throw in the towel.

Since it is close to Halloween it is only fitting that Finn watch his first Halloween movie. Tonight while I was at church Finn watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" with his Dad and Gran.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday