Finn's Big Mess (Friday, October 16, 2009)











Today Finn and I did nothing - nothing what-so-ever. After breakfast Finn and I fell asleep on the couch until around 11:00ish when Michael surprised us both when he came home for lunch with Qdobas. After lunch Finn and I accidentally fell back asleep until 4:00ish. While it was nice to snuggle with Finn all day, I felt absolutely disgusting when I woke up.

After waking up, I let Finn try out his new swing. Finn had a different swing for the first few weeks, but after trying out the swing at Nana's house there was no going back. He really likes his new swing, it is cuddly, comfy and has great music. The old swing was nice too but it didn't look nearly as comfortable and the music sounded like it should be in an adult movie. The new swing plays 10 classical songs, which of course, makes me cry. The swing also has a cute little mobile, which Finn couldn't care less about. Instead, he is mesmerized by the box where the music comes out. We may have a little musician after all - hopefully the fiddle.

Later that night, Michael and I had a date night - meaning we watched a movie on the couch while I fed Finn for the millionth time. One time before I fed him I noticed that Finn had a dirty diaper. In order to make him more comfortable I decided to change his diaper before feeding him. After I had cleaned him up, I had to refill our diaper supply. When I got back I noticed that Finn's legs were soaked. I cleaned him up again and then put his diaper on. When I picked him up I noticed that his back was soaked. So once again I picked him up and wiped him off. By this time he was screaming with hunger pains. After I got him dressed I noticed that his hair was soaked - you can only imagine what with. I knew that I needed to give him a bath, but he was so hungry I knew he wouldn't make it through the bath, but on the other hand, I couldn't hardly touch his head because it was so nasty. So I improvised, I wiped his head with a towel and put a hat on his head until he was finished eating after which time we took a bath.
Oh the joys of being a young and inexperienced mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere