Finn v. the toilet paper roll

Today I left work at 1:00 and spent the rest of the day with Finn. When I got home he seemed really excited to see me. He was standing up looking over the back couch and when he spotted me he said "Ma."

Finn made a life altering discovery today - the toilet paper roll. Against my better judgment I allowed him to sit in the bathroom floor and play with the roll. He looks awfully guilty doesn't he?

It took him a while to figure it out, but after he grabbed a handful of paper he was able to unroll about a 1/4 of the roll. This also gave Finn and Kodiak an opportunity to bond over their love of mischief. Of course it didn't take long for Finn to start eating the toilet paper.
After a mid-afternoon snack of turkey, sweet potatoes and pears (Finn loves pears) we readied the house for dinner with the Gibsons. Finn sat in his highchair while I set the table. I used the fine china for the first time tonight. I figured that if anyone could appreciate the "finer things" it would be Regina. Her table is always perfect. Now that I have broken it in I plan to use it a lot more.

Around 5:30 Chris, Regina and Micah brought us dinner (cheddar chicken, salad, corn and chocolate chip cookies). It was so delicious and lots of fun. Finn and Micah both sat at the table and talked. I don't think they were necessarily talking to each other, one would just spur the other on.
After dinner I attempted to get a picture of Finn and Micah together. I just barely got a shot off before Micah took off. He is quite impressive. He can crawl and pull up and he even climbed the stairs in a mad chase after Kodiak.
We put Finn in his bed awake tonight. He only cried for a few minutes.. We also let him cry it out last night when we woke up around midnight. I guess it's safe to say that Finn's surgery sympathy has come to an end.

Comments

  1. All I see in this last picture is Michael and Regina. Finn looks just like Michael in that pic. Cutie boys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday