Papa's 80th Birthday


Today Finn partied from sun up to sun down. First we went to Aunt Sharon's wedding shower where Finn got leid (I know, I know, old joke and somewhat crude.) The shower was a beach theme where everyone wore leis including the Finnster. Finn however, was not a responsible lei wearer and would wrap the lei tightly around his neck and pull. We had to watch him very closely at this party.



(This is how Finn responds when Michael enters the room.)

While we were gone, Shelby (from my Sunday School class) and her mom came by and brought us chicken casserole, a wonderful salad and a cheesecake pie with cherry topping. Everything was so good - especially the pie.

After lunch Finn and I hopped in the car to go Sparta. Tonight was Papa's 80th birthday party. Mom, Laura, Melissa and Tracey planned a surprise party at Laura and Johnny's house. The plan was for everyone in the family to stand at the end of the driveway with a huge "Happy Birthday" sign. As such, it was important that everyone arrive before Granny and Papa. Finn and I arrived with seconds to spare literally. When I turned down Laura and Johnny's road I saw Megan with a video camera and then I saw my entire family standing the road with the sign smiling, laughing and hollering.


Everyone was so excited. When I approached the crowd, everyone told me to go park and come back down. In my haste to be a part of the sign holding party, I apparently I peeled out a bit to quickly, threw gravel everywhere and scared my aunts to death. By the time I got Finn out of the car I saw Papa's red truck pull up. I hate that I missed out on holding the sign, but it I am so glad I got to see "the Papa eye view" of the festivities!

While at the party everyone was able to see first hand Finn's separation anxiety. The doctors warned us that this might happen, but I wasn't expecting the it to be this bad. Finn wouldn't leave my side the entire night. If I gave him to anyone he immediately started crying. This continued on for the entire evening. Big party pooper!

Finn even panicked when I would walk from one side of the room to the other. So Finn and I were attached at the hip all night.



For papa's birthday we collectively put together a memories book. We all typed out our favorite memories of Papa Bruce. Afterward we emailed them to Kara who put everything together. I think that Papa really liked his book. Next we had cake and homemade strawberry ice cream. While everyone was eating Finn played with Sadie Belle's musical quacking duck.

Me, Mom and M.J. decided to spend the night at Laura and Johnny's house. Finn and I stayed in Kara's room. Finn threw up all over Kara's bed and chair. I have never seen so much sickness in my entire life. I think that it even got on the mattress. Just kidding Kara. Finn did sleep in the bed with me, but he didn't make a mess. At first I tried to put him on a pallet in the floor, but after he started waking up every few minutes I put him in the bed with me. He was still waking up and crying, but when he opened his eyes he would look for me and when he saw my face he would put his hands on them, roll himself towards me and go back to sleep. It was one of those moments that makes you want to freeze time. It is one of the sweetest things Finn has ever done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday