Pool Party

After forcing Finn to crawl around all day he was understandably tired and took a quick nap in my lap. When I tried to put him in this crib, one little eye popped open, he got a good look at me and started screaming. I knew that a nap was a lost so I went ahead and got him up. Shortly thereafter MJ, Zac and Cooper came to pool to swim. Finn and I went to the pool for about 15 minutes on our way a Sunday School pool party at Sam’s house. It was so much fun hanging in the pool with the girls and the Finnster. Present at the party was Sam, Shelby, Monica, Kristina, Sidney, Lindsey and Courtney. We played pool volleyball, ate snacks and dunked Finn. That’s right, we blew on his face and dunked him under the water. He didn’t cry at all. It kind of reminded me of the Shirley Temple movie “The Little Colonel” when she dunked the boy and asked “are ya saved?” Finn only stayed for about 45 minutes for before Michael came to pick him up. Right before he got there Finn was really tired and just wanted me to hold him. I was playing volleyball with the girls at this point so I decided to put Finn on my hip and keep playing. Without thinking I went diving for a ball that was close to me. Both Finn and I went way under. Unfortunately for Finn I didn’t give him notice that he was about to go under. We had so much fun and I want to thank Sam for throwing a terrific pool party.

Next we laid down in the floor and watched his “Praise Baby” dvd. He was so sweet. He laid on floor, drank his bottle and let me put my arm around him. After the video Finn sat with Dad and played on the computer.

Then we went outside to play in the sprinklers.

Next it was time for his bath. Bath time was a disaster today. Immediately after getting Finn out of the bath tub I sat him on the bathroom floor on a towel. What happened next was entirely my fault. As the only adult in the room and as Finn’s mother, I should have known better. I showed a complete lapse in judgment by leaving him diaper-less sitting in the bathroom floor. All I am going to say is thank goodness the bathroom floor is linoleum and I had air freshener handy. Needless to say Finn had two baths in the span of 45 minutes.



After we were all clean and wearing the proper undergarments we went to a house warming party at David and Sharon’s. While at the party Finn had watermelon and got it all over himself.



As a special surprise, Finn had a swing dance lesson with Uncle David.

Seeing as how I am a lousy dancer and Finn was not in a position to lead, we decided to just spin in circles as fast as we could.
Mid Spin . . .


The Finished product . . .




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday