Starting to pull up

Last night Finn woke up at around 1:30 and was up on and off until about 3:30. Thankfully my sweet husband spent those two hours up with Finn letting me get a decent nights sleep. We have gotten pretty used to letting him cry, but we now have a new problem. Finn has gotten to where he likes sleeping on his side. He is still too fragile to sleep on his side so we have to make sure that he is laying on his back. It would be so much easier to ignore him if we didn't have to constantly go to his room to turn him over. Tonight we put Finn's changing pad in his crib. We are hoping that the sloped sides will be enough to keep him from rolling over.




Finn and I had our usually morning routine. I stood in the bathroom getting ready while Finn played with his blocks. Once he got bored with his blocks he scooted over to me and started playing with my toes. Afterward I made some oat bran and Finn sat in my lap and watched me eat it. Near the end I started giving him some. He made the most horrible face, but ate every bit that I offered him.

Finn is getting increasing more difficult to feed. He is far too interested in everything going on around him to eat. Now, in order to get Finn to eat I have to give him some random household item to hold while I shovel food into his mouth. Today it was a coke bottle lid.

Finally, Finn is starting to pull up on things. He hasn't quite figured out how to sit up, but once he is in a sitting position he can start to pull himself up. He has mastered pulling up in the bathtub, he is getting the hang of pulling up in his crib and now he has figured out how to use his basket to pull up.



When I got home from work this afternoon I saw Finn sitting in the floor playing with the laundry basket. Inside the laundry basket was Finn's soft block and his kitty. Finn would leaning into the basket and grab a handful of Kodiak's hair. Kodiak was very nice to Finn even though Finn was torturing him, but when I tried to pet him he bit me. I think that Kodiak knows not to bite the baby.

After dinner I went to a bible study at Regina's house. This left Michael to get Finn ready for bed. I had a wonderful time at the bible study, but it hurts my heart not to be able to put Finn to bed. I look forward to tomorrow when I can see him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday