All Cats Go to Heaven . . .

 . . . Contrary to what I told my 6th Sunday School Class last year.  Yes, I told them their pets would not go to Heaven.  But that is a story for another day.

Well, on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, Fannie Mae was gently nudged by a lovely Veterinarian along on her journey to meet the boatman. If we were ancient Greeks the former statement would be more accurate, but since we aren't, I should probably just say what I mean.

We have had some issues with Fannie for past seven (7) years - as I have mentioned a couple of times.  But, I can't deny how much I loved Fannie.  She was my cat for sixteen and half (16.5) years.  Most of her problems started when she was forced to share her home and my attention with Finn.  She never recovered from the betrayal of it all.

For past six (6) months, things have gotten worse.  She stopped using her litter box altogether and she couldn't keep anything in her stomach.  After much (much) discussion, Michael and I made the decision to have her put to sleep.

I left work Wednesday on my lunch break to go home and get her.  I took her to the vet's office right down the road from where we live.   They took us back to a private room and gave Fannie a sedative.  I held her and petted her until she fell asleep.  It was a lot harder than I though it would be. I did cry, quite a bit as I thanked for hanging out with me through college and law school and when I said "goodbye" to her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday