Broyles Reunion 2016 - and the Pregame Show

On Saturday we made our way to down to visit Nana and Papa.  Finn talked non-stop all the way there.  He told me how much he loved the Memphis Grizzleys and then he named is All-Star team - LeBron, Steph Curry, Westbrook, Andrew Wiggins and Vince Carter. Then he asked me multiple questions about which team could beat the other.  By the time we got to "Joe B. Jackson" I was exhausted from making up fake reasons why one team could beat the other so I turned to "Youtube" let the boys watch a video that includes two of their favorite things: 1) Hamilton and 2) John Cena. You just have to listen. 

When we made it to Papa and Nana's house the boys went to pool. And took turns trying to stay on Papa the Bull for 8 seconds. 




Will got in the water too - and not surprisingly, he hated it. 




Doesn't he look silly here . . . 


. . . and here. 


He also tried the Bumbo and Nana's swing. 



Sam quickly found his favorite spot:  Nana's bed with the "Thomas" app. 






On Sunday we got up and took all three boys to the early service.  Finn and Sam went to children's church while Will and I stayed in the service.  He made it through the entire service without crying!

Next we packed up our stuff and went to Sparta for the Annual Broyles picnic. Finn and Sam decided that they wanted to ride with Papa all the way to Sparta.  Nana rode with me and Will. 

Right about the time we crossed over into Morrison, we get a phone call from Papa letting us know that Sam pooped in his pants.  I have never known Sam to poop in his pants, a dribble here or there maybe, but never a poop.  I felt terrible for Papa and I was concerned for Sam (because this behavior was so uncharacteristic).  We pulled over and waited for Papa to arrive with Sam.  I got Sam out of the car and took him into the smellest bathroom I have ever been it.  I pulled Sam's pants down and found nothing - no remanence - nothing. I asked Sam why he told Papa he pooped in his pants and he showed me his hand which DID have poop on it.  How Sam got poop on his hands still remains a mystery.  So we loaded the boys back in the car and traveled on. 

We did eventually make it to the picnic.



This is what my children were doing while the food was being blessed. The wrestled and chased each other around the rest of the day.  They always enjoy the picnic.


Meg regaling me with tales of her kayaking adventures. 


Uncle David brought and flew his drone. 




It was  a really fun and relaxing picnic. 

We got home a little after 5:00 p.m. and we went outside to play basketball.  Sam is so close to being able to make a basket. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday