Busy Weekend

This was a very busy weekend.  On Friday Sam and I took Finn to school.  Finn was excited to show Sam the new dinosaurs that his teacher bought for the class to play with.  His teacher even bought a special floor puzzle with Finn in mind.

Sam and I spent the rest of the day together.  First we met an opposing party at the bank to get some documents signed.  Then we went to drop off the alterations.  Sam loved the three way mirror.  He also loved the big basket of straight pins - he grabbed a handful but managed not to prick his hands or fingers.  While there, a man walked in and sat down on the couch.  He let out the deadliest fart I have ever smelled.  I know that he tried to blame it on Sam.  But as a parent you know what your children's flatulence smells like - this was NOT Sam and it was awful.

Next Sam and I went to Parker Uniforms to return a few shirts that Finn didn't need.  Sam was a bundle of energy and ran up and down the aisles.

It was fun to run around with Sam.  Before Sam was born I had a ton of time to just run errands with Finn.  It is harder to run errands with two (2) kids.  Sam better get ready for busy Mondays and Fridays. 

When we got home Sam took a long nap.  I woke him up a few minutes before it was time to pick up Finn.  Upon arriving at school we found Finn playing on the playground.  He ran to me and told me that he ate all of his lunch except for his chicken. (I told Finn that I would make pudding if he ate all of his lunch)  He told me he didn't eat his chicken because it was too ficy (spicy). I looked at him as if to day "yeah right."  His teacher confirmed that the chicken was too spicy for the kids. So when we got home we had pudding.

The night was pretty laid back.  Michael grilled hotdogs and we hotdogs, corn and peas.  Both boys ate well.

The next day was pretty busy too.  I had a home visit in White House at 8:00.  Finn, Sam and Michael went to the Beech Volleyball team carwash to support Courtney Apedaile and then they went shopping.  We spent the rest of the day cleaning and lounging.  At one point I had to get up in the attic to pull out an old pair of jeans.  From up in the attic I heard Finn yelling "no" to Sam.  I look down and see that Sam is more than half way up the ladder to the attic. I panicked.  We both got down the ladder without a scape, fall or broken bone.  I couldn't believe how fast Sam could climb up that ladder!

That night we went for dinner at Greg and Shelley's house.  Finn and Sam played well with Macey and Gabby.

On Sunday we met Grandad, Gigi, Cooper, Hank and Aunt Emily at Oprymills to see "Planes."  The boys were ruined at the first preview:  Dinosaurs 3D!  It looks awesome.  Sam was really scared at first.  He hugged my neck as tight as he could for the first 20 minutes.  He pressed his cheek to mine and cut his eyes back at the screen. When we finally chilled out he decided to eat popcorn.  I sat him the seat next to me and gave him a small bowl of popcorn.  He wasn't heavy enough to keep the folding seat down so he sat all scrunched up in "v" position - just as happy as could be eating popcorn.  When he was all finished he decided that he wanted to run down to front of the theater and watch "up close."  At that point I walked him out.  Dad and I switched in and out watching Sam.  Finn stayed for the entire movie but kept asking to go out into the hallway and see the big dinosaur poster.  Cooper was the best of them all.  He clapped so hard when "Dusty" won the big race (spoiler alert).

Next the boys rode one of the little rides at the mall. Then we went to eat lunch in the food court. Finn ate a cheese burger and Sam ate all of the broccoli out of GiGi's Chinese food.  Next they rode the carousel.  It was a really fun afternoon.  Oh, and Happy Birthday Gigi!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere