First Day of K3

August 5th, 2013, was Finn's first day of Pre-School at Hendersonville Christian Academy. The morning was much like any other morning.  Finn got up, ate breakfast and then we plastered his hair to his head with hairspray.  I even ironed his shorts.

Before setting out for the big day we took the customary "first day of school" pictures.  I decided that every year that Finn will "willingly" participate I will take his picture holding/standing next to a sign of what he wants to be when he grows up.  He aims high, this one.   This is not an LEB original - I stole it from an acquaintance on Facebook.

Finn decided that his "notice" was not quite finished.  He signed his name:  FNNI.

Next he took a picture with Daddy . . .

Then with Mommy. . .

And also with Sam.
Sam had no interest in standing still.  He was way more interested in getting his hands on that chalk board.
He was devastated when Finn blocked his advances.
Next we loaded the boys in the car and went to school.  Upon arrival we put Finn's backpack in his cubby - this includes his new pillow.  As a side story, HCA asked that we bring a small pillow.  I had a really hard time finding one.  We finally found something that would work at Kroger Marketplace.  It was not a real "bed" pillow, but instead a decorative pillow.  I made Finn try it out before I bought it.



Okay - back to the story.  When Finn walked into his classroom he went straight for the dinosaurs.  Before we left we took a picture of him with his teacher Ms. Jen.  He gave us big hugs (long hugs - I was afraid that he was going to cling to us for dear life), but he didn't shed a tear and let us go peacefully.

After dropping Finn off Michael went to work and Sam and I went back home.  It was kind of weird spending a whole day at home with just Sam; weird but enjoyable.  The biggest difference in staying home with Sam is that Sam slept half the day away.  I got a "ton" of work done.

Before going down for his nap Sam asked to watch "Tangled."  He walked up to me, said "Tangled." Then he said "hand" and reached for my hand.  We walked into the den and I turned it on for a few minutes.  He is so funny watching his movie.  The only time he moves a muscle is when he is dancing to the music.

Later in the day I went to pick up Finn.  When we pulled in Finn was out on the playground.  The K4 teacher walked up to me and told me that Finn did a great job.  She also said that his manners were impeccable and that he was a very sweet child.  I was so happy to hear that! She told me that he ate all of his food at lunch, that he took a great nap and that he didn't cry at all.  It sounds like it was a really successful first day.

On the way home Finn talked to Nana on the phone.  He told her a little about his day and then said in the sweetest voice, "Nana, do you know that I love you?"

When we got home I looked through Finn's school folder.  He had a paper that had all of things that he will be working on this week.  He will be learning Genesis 1-4, days of the weeks, etc.  They also sent home a lunch list.  It looks like Finn will be exposed to all sorts of new foods.

We got home around 4:00 and the boys played until bedtime.  Sam went to bed around 7:30 and Finn sat on the couch with me and watched the first hour of the Bachelorette.  Trying to explain the Bachelorette to Finn was like trying to explain "pig latin" to Fannie.  He just could not fathom this show.  This was a particularly teary episode - Finn kept asking, "why is she crying so much?"  Then he got curious about the roses.  "Will the other guy get a rose too?"  The thing that was most comical about watching the show with Finn was how affectionate he was.  Ever few minutes he would over at me and smile and say, "I love you so much mom."  Then he would kiss me on me on my cheek. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere