Hannibal "Sam"ter

Today I decided to take Sam with me to court. I figured that I would be there 30 minutes tops so I thought it would be pretty safe to take Sam along.  Well 30 minutes turned into 3 and half hours.  We sat in the back room and played with some of my younger clients most of the time.  Sam was very good while we were in the back.  However, when my case was called Sam turned into a cannibal.  We were all standing before the Magistrate; I was holding Sam. All of a sudden Sam leaned into kiss me (or so I thought) - instead he bit my chin.  He chomped down very hard and would not let go.  My eyes filled with tears due to the blinding pain. Sam would not let go and seeing as how as I was in the middle of a court proceeding and I could scream out or hand Sam off.  Discretely, I jammed my fingers in Sam's mouth and tried to pry open his jaw.  When I finally got him off I expected blood to run down my chin.  Luckily no skin was broken but I expect to be sporting a bruise tomorrow. 

Sam was in a kissing mood all day.  We made several stops before court and at all of them Sam decided to show the world how much he loved his mother.  I had given him my keys to play with so his face smelled like metal the rest of the day - not a pleasant smell when getting a kiss.  It was sweet - but my face is chapped from all the kisses.

Later in the day we went to pick up Finn.  Sam loves going to Finn's school.  He wants to play with the other kids so badly.  He also gets really excited when he sees the "Cat in the Hat" posters.  He runs to them, points and yells "HAT"!

When we got in the car Finn told me all about his day. He said most of the "days of the week".  He leaves Thursday out every time.  We worked on the days of the week most of the way home.  After a while Finn began to tire.  We finally made it to the end of the week and Finn only had "Sunday" left to say.  He couldn't think of the word so he perked up and said "August?"  Wrong - but I am glad that Finn is working on months too.

This is also Finn's first week to memorize his bible verse.  I asked him if she could tell me his bible verse.  He nodded (yes) and said, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America."  His actual bible verse is "in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth."  We will keep working on it.  Next he sang a little bit of "My County Tis of Thee" and "I'm in the Lord's Army." 

I learned that starting this week he will have a Spanish class every Tuesday and a Music class every Thursday.  Finn ate all of his food today.  I was impressed until I learned that it was pizza day.

After dinner we all went outside.  Sam tried his best to mow the yard with the little mower.  The grass is so thick that the mower kept flipping over on him - but I gave him an "A" for effort.  Next we played on the swing set.  Finn will now swing really  high.  I asked him who taught him to swing so high and he said, "you did mom, because I love you I learn things from you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday