Move Up Day

This morning was "move up" Sunday at church.  Finn loves his current Sunday School teachers Mr. Sal and his Daughter Monica so I have been explaining to Finn for several weeks that Mr. Sal will not be his teacher anymore.  "Move up" Sunday is a big deal for Southern Baptists so I decided to take their picture before church.
 When we got to church Sam went to the room that we expected (they send up notice in the mail letting us know what the new room will be).  Finn's was a bit of surprise. His room changed after we got to church.  His knew room is directly across the hall from his old room.  We walked down the hall and Finn just could not understand why we weren't going in with Mr. Sal when he was right across the hall.  He was clingy for a bit, but I wriggled free and made a run for it.  I looked back after I had made it a safe distance and saw Finn standing in the doorway looking straight at me.  He wasn't crying - so I considered this a successful drop off.  When we picked up him his teacher said he did great!

The rest of the day was pretty good.  I went to a Matilda Jane trunk party at Carissa's new house. When I got home I took the boys to the store to do some tax free grocery shopping.  Finn walked next the cart and put everything I needed in the basket.  While I was shopping I got to noticing a terrible smell.  I couldn't figure where it was coming from but I had a strong feeling it was one of my boys.  On a whim I decided to smell Sam's feet.  You could power an entire city on those noxious fumes.

When we got home the boys had a snack.  Animal crackers and Tangled (the Disney Princess movie) makes for very happy boys.  Sam is now starting to sing along with one of the songs (At Last I See the Light).  This song makes me cry as it, but to watch Sam's eyes light up when this song comes on and to hear him sing along really turns on all those teary emotions.  To be fair, he can't sing very much - he just knows when the word "light" is coming and sings that one word along with the characters.


Finn asked me to take this picture of him playing with his dinosaurs.  We are back in the middle of a huge dinosaur phase again.

While I was cooking dinner I let the boys go out to play.  Sam found the ball in his outdoor toybox/bench that he got for his birthday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere