School Supplies

On Saturday Finn came running into the bedroom around 7:30. He proceeds to touch my face to wake me up - this drives me crazy.  He cuddled in bed with us until 8:00 when we got up for breakfast.  We had a quiet morning; it was overcast so we lounged around the house until around 10:00 when I went out for a run.  Next we went to target to get Finn's school supplies.  We are not big Target shoppers but seeing as how it is the "tax free" weekend I assumed Wal-Mart would be teeming with people.

Since we have already purchased all of Finn's school workbooks, we really didn't have to get very much. We bought five (5) boxes of Kleenex. . .


Next we found the hand sanitizer, sunscreen and baby wipes.  After doing a bit of grocery shopping we looked for the fun stuff.

Finn picked out a Ninja Turtle blanket to use at naptime.

Unfortunately we didn't read the dimensions - this blanket is gynormous.  We decided to use it on Finn's bed instead (as he will be sleeping in a big bed in January) and use his frog blanket (from his toddler bed) at school.

We had a very successful trip.  Finn was so excited and in turn so sweet.  Sam sat in the buggy and pointed to lights the entire time.  The only thing that we couldn't find was the little pillow.  Finn did manage to find a very large bag of star shaped marshmallows.

When we got home the boys took long naps.  I too took a long nap - thanks to the Benadryl. After naps I cleaned up and then played dinosaurs with Finn.

Later in the evening we took the boys to the Sumner County Fair in Gallatin.  This was actually Gran's idea.  The night of Finn's open house Gran mentioned that she would take Finn to the fair.  After we got home from school Finn kept insisting that we got the fair.  He said over and over, "but Gran is waiting for me at the fair."

We arrived at the fair grounds at 7:00.  We looked at the horses while we were waiting for Gran.






After Gran arrived she and Finn rode the Ferris Wheel.  While they were waiting in line Finn ate cotton candy - the only REAL reason to go to the fair. 
I knew that Finn would like the Ferris Wheel - the rest of the night surprised me though.  I asked Finn if we wanted to ride the Tug Boat with me.  This ride is an adult ride - but it is not too scary.  Finn walked right up to the ride and stepped on.  He laughed all the way through the ride.  Knowing Finn as I do, I figured he would be scared to death and would never ride another Fair ride.  He told me that he had fun and wanted to ride more.

Before hitting the other rides Finn threw darts at balloons.  He threw six darts. Two of the darts hit the balloons and bounced off.  You know how hard it is to actually win a fair game.  I was impressed that Finn hit two of them.  For playing he won two (2) lime green dolphins; one for him and one for Sam.

Next it was time to ride again.  I asked Finn what he wanted to ride.  He walked right up the Himalaya and said, "that one."  He wasn't quite tall enough but we snuck on away.  Finn loved the ride when we were going forward.  I couldn't see him because the centrifugal force was so strong, but I could hear him laughing as hard as I have ever heard him laugh.  Michael said that he could see him the ground and said that he was having a ball!  Next Finn and Michael rode the Pirate Ship.  Finn stood in line and watched the ride and still didn't chicken out.  He loved this one too.  Looks like Finn has a little "County" boy in him after all. 

I had so much fun with Finn.  It was almost like I was hanging out with Finn at a much older age - 9 or 10.  On the way out Finn and Sam split a snow cone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday