Skip to main content

Will's Four Month Appointment

On Friday I picked the boys up early from school and we went to the Pediatrician's Office.  Will needed a four (4) month check up and Finn was due for his seven (7) year check up.  I told both boys on the way over they were NOT getting shots.  Well, when we got there the nurse recommended that Finn and Sam get a flue shot. So much for trusting mom when she says you aren't getting a shot.

When we broke the news to them, Finn was rather alarmed and started his typical whining routine. Sam on the other hand said, "I'm not afraid to get a shot.  I'll show you how man does it."

When the time came Finn asked "Will it hurt?"  Michael and I, in unison, said, "Yes - it will hurt."  The nurse probably thinks we are the worst parents.  I guess I really am a pretty horrible parent, because I find great happiness in watching my kids get shots.  So much so that I photograph the event for posterity.


Finn getting prepped.


Finn bracing himself. 


The shot!


The recovery. Finn later admitted that it wasn't that bad. 

Next it was Sam's turn.  They had him lay down and gave him a shot in his thigh. 


The wind up . . . 


The shot!  Sam was hilarious!  He didn't make a peep, but instead opened his mouth as wide as he could in a faux scream and shook.  Michael and I laughed so hard. 

I didn't photograph Will's shots because I had to hold him down. Will, of course, cried during his shots.  As they were administering the shot, I heard a panicked voice to my right cry, "OH WILL, NOOOOO" and look over to see Finn burst out in tears.  He was so upset that Will was hurt.  It was so sweet.  


At this appointment, Will weighed 15 pounds and was in the 38% for weight.  He is in the 4% for height. 

After shots we went to Tullahoma to spend the night with Grandad and Gigi for Grandad's birthday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.






We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.


They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.


One of my favorites!



Another favorite.




And . . . another favorite.









They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.



It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."