Skip to main content

The Beauty Parlor

Today Finn and I went to visit Nana. Nana was so excited to see Finn - that is until she picked him up out of the car seat. I know I blog about Finn's digestive health quite often, but this BM took the cake. When we got his clothes off of him, it was up his back, on his stomach, on his shoulder and his is hair. I couldn't believe it. I felt so sorry him. We immediately gave him a bath and washed his outfit. I am hoping that solid food will take care of this "problem."

After Finn was all clean we went to Sirs to pick out fabric for my bedroom curtains. I found the best fabric. Finn went with us and slept in his stroller almost the entire time. When he woke up Nana took him into the bathroom to change him. On the way home Mom and I stopped at Arby's for some take-out. Finn was pretty fussy for the first few minutes, but finally drifted off to sleep.

When we got back from Sirs Nana gave Finn his second haircut. His hair grows so fast! He looks so much neater with shorter hair. After that we looked at my baby pictures and compared them to Finn. Finn looks more like me than I thought.
Finn was in the car today for a total of six hours, meaning that he slept for almost six hours today. I felt certain that he wouldn't sleep very well tonight, but surprisingly, he slept all night.


Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."