Hats off to Single Moms

Michael seriously picks the absolute worst days to go out of town. Everytime he goes out of town we get tornado warnings. So at 5:00 last night Finn and I stocked the saferoom with Finn's stuff. For example, we threw blankets, cereal, books, big trucks and flashlight in there just in case we needed to make a mad dash. Thankfully, we didn't need to. At about 2:00 Finn woke up in a screaming fit. I went into his room to check on him and he started asking for apples and chess (his nighttime routine) instead I put him in bed with me. It only took him about 5 seconds to crawl up in my armpit and go right back to sleep. He must have slept great because he had a ton of energy the next morning. Prior to court I had to do a few administrative things. While my attention was on my email, Finn pillaged my room. First he spilled day old milk in my briefcase - so gross. Then he emptied my shredder. You should have seen my bedroom; it looked like vikings had come through. I have a deep respect and appreciation for mothers that raise kids all on their own everyday of the year. I can barely manage 24 hours. Finn actually got to go to a very special event with Victoria today. Her eldest daughter, Sarah, had her college "signing" today at Beech High School. Finn, J.T. and Ethan all loaded into Victoria's car and went to cheer on Sarah. Once back at home Finn had a good dinner; roast, potatoes and carrots. He ate some of everything, even the meat, and enjoyed it to boot. The carrots were by far his favorite though. After dinner Finn accidentally discovered the moon. The three of us were walking outside kicking a ball around and Finn looked up into the sky, pointed and said "ball." He was so excited about the ball he found in the sky. This is a picture of Finn watching Chess. As I have mentioned before Chess is Finn's new favorite bedtime routine. Tonight, while I was cutting up his apples, Finn made himself comfortable on the floor and watched Chess. He didn't move a muscle. He is absolutely fascinated by this musical, well at least some of it. He doesn't like the slow songs.

After we had finished our apples Finn and I moved from the rocking chair to the floor. We spread the "big blanket" as Finn calls it and watched a little more Chess. Finn thought it was great that we laying in the floor together. He looked up at me and said "love mama."

Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH...no joke, this afternoon Cooper looked up from his wagon and said ball at the moon. It wasn't even a full circle, so I was shocked that he said that. wow, thats weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have this posted about the first time he said "love Mama" This is something you want to always remember. So precious!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday