Pumpkin Carving Fest

Today after I got the boys completely ready and in the car, I got a call from the Judge's office letting me know that Judge Brown was sick and would not be in.  I was pretty excited as I have worked a lot lately. I pulled back into the garage, got the boys out of the car and put my warm jammies back on.  

When we got back into the house Finn wanted to play dinosaurs so I sat in the floor and played with him until Sam started crying.  When I picked Sam up to comfort him Finn started crying.  When I put Sam down to pick Finn up Sam would cry.  I ended up with one crying on one knee and another one crying on the other knee. Thankfully Michael called and we met him at Qdoba's to use our free lunch coupon.  Sam sat in his seat and drank a bottle (I love that he can hold his own bottle now) and Finn ate a few beans.  

When we got home Finn took a two and a half hour nap (YAY!).  Sam took a nap too . . . 


Sam finished his bottle in the den floor while I was putting Finn down.  The next thing I knew he was napping. Never wake a sleeping baby.



 When Finn finally woke up he decided that he wanted to brave the cold and play outside. Sam felt so left out.  He watched Finn with such interest. I decided to open the window so Sam could listen to Finn.  Finn came over to the window and started talking to Sam - they are so sweet.



 After supper we carved our pumpkins.   First, Finn cleaned the pumpkins off.  He did a thorough job.

 Next, he cleaned out the inside.

 After they were all hollowed out and clean, Michael and I started carving.  Michael carved a traditional jack-o-lantern face while I carved Finn's triceratops. Finn about drove us both crazy.  He wanted to help, but we couldn't let him actually carve the pumpkin. 

Finn with his pumpkins. The flash was so bright that you couldn't see that it is actually pitch dark outside except for the light from inside the pumpkins.




 Sam found a new favorite toy - an empty formula container.  He spent the latter part of the evening pushing it around the kitchen. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday