Skip to main content


These past few weeks have been really busy at work.  I work all day, then after the boys go bed I work some more.  Well today I almost felt caught up on my work.  I did a few things early in the day and thankfully the phone didn't ring too much.  I was able to spend the whole day playing with the boys and organizing my closet.

Sam went down for a three hour nap at 9:30.  Finn played in my bedroom while I organized my closet.  After Sam woke up the two of them played for a few minutes before Finn's lunch.  Finn ate a peanut butter sandwich and sat on the coach and watched the title song to "Rent" no less than ten (10) times.   During Finn's nap Sam and I made homemade chicken noodle soup.

After Finn's nap we sat at the kitchen table and played with Play-doh.  Finn made and then decorated a Christmas Tree.  Sam sat in his high chair and ate puffs.  Afterwards we all went upstairs to play with Finn's train set.  He really wanted to reenact a scene from Thomas he had scene earlier in the day about the "Monster of Brendam"  He of course got to be the monster.  Next Finn decided that he wanted to go to the beach.  He packed us both a picnic lunch from his kitchen and then we went to the beach.  He laid out a beige blanket for the sand, a blue blanket for the water and his pillow was the float.  About the time we got our sunscreen on (just kidding) Michael walked in from work.

We all sat down to eat our soup together.  Sam ate cut up carrots from the soup while Finn piddled with his soup.  He decided before taking a bite that they didn't like it and wouldn't eat it.  Michael told Finn that if he ate all of his soup he would take him to Gran's house to play.  It took him a while, but he did it!  I think the soup was a little salty for Finn, but otherwise I think he enjoyed it.  We know Sam did.


Sam is starting to blow bubbles WITH his food in his mouth.  It is so gross.  I can't help but love this face though. 

As promised, Michael took Finn to Gran's house.  Uncle David and Aunt Sharon were home for the wedding and brought Finn a birthday present - the Biggest T-Rex in the whole world, as Finn would say.  Before they left I gave the boys a bath.  When I was drying Sam off he looked at Finn and started saying "Da Da Da."  Finn looked at him and ever so seriously said, "Sam, I am not your Da Da."

Sam and I stayed home and watched The Voice (no judgment).  Around 6:30 Sam got really fussy.  I gave him some Tylenol and made a bottle.  The second he saw the bottle he kicked the fussing into high gear and started crawling to me.  I decided to have a little fun with him.  I put his bottle in the middle of the living room floor.  He was SO mad about this.  But decided to come after it anyway.

 Sam's little pants kept causing him to slip on the hardwood - making him that much madder.

If you're wondering, yes I know this is not good parenting.

His fit must have really tuckered him out because he sound asleep by 6:45.  I decided to take the opportunity to sit and rock him for a while.  I decided to wake him up around 8:00.  He woke up in a much better mood.  I put him the floor and he headed straight for his favorite thing - the DirecTV box.  Sam can't stay away from this thing.  It wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that he pushes all the buttons. 

 Scoping out the joint
 Going for the goods.

Every time we see him head for the receiver we tell him know.  He rolls down on to that big bottom and turns toward us with the most guilty look. 

Michael and Finn got home around 8:30.  Finn came in and showed me is new dinosaur.  Then he immediately started fighting with his two big dinosaurs. 

Sam wanted to play so badly. 

I really had a great day with the boys.  They were sweet, well behaved and seemed to enjoy just being home with me.  I am thankful for days like this. 

Just a few more pictures of Big Sam. 

 His poor little face is so chapped.

Pulling up.


  1. What an imagination Finn has! Wonder who he gets that from? Hmmm. I'm so happy that you had such a good day with the boys! Thanks for sharing it.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog


Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.

Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 

Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Mexico Beach

Today I embarked on my first ever “girls’ trip.”  I have always had friends that went with their other girl friends on beach vacations, but I have never been on one myself. 
The trip started at 6:30 a.m.  I kissed the boys goodbye (Finn woke up to make sure that he got a hug) and hopped in my newly cleaned van to head to Robyn’s house. I had originally intended to meet Samantha and Karen in Hendersonville, but I spent a little too much time with the boys and got behind.  Instead, we met at Robyn’s house a little after 7:00.
Once we all arrived, we packed up the van and set out for 109.  The van has really come in handy.  We were able to get all of our suitcases, bag, pillow, etc. packed neatly into the van with room to spare.

We officially hit the road at 7:30 – the destination – Mexico Beach Florida.  Samantha’s mom has a condo that she graciously let us rent at a ridiculously low price.  The crew consisted of Samantha, Robyn, Karen and myself.  Samantha sat up front with me; Robyn an…

Gatlinburg 2.0

In mid-June Finn and Sam accompanied Grandad and Gigi to Gatlinburg.  This is their second annual trip so will refer to it as Gatlinburg 2.0. Michael, Will and I were at home, so outside of some awesome pictures and few sweet phone calls, we don't have a great deal of knowledge about the trip. What I do know is that the trip started with hot Kristy Kremes.  Upon arriving in Gatlinburg, Finn asked if the "hot sign" was on.  Seeing that it was, they stopped in for donuts.

They also went back to Clingman's Dome.  They went last year, but I didn't pack long pants and jackets so they were pretty chilly.  It was also really foggy last year.  This year went as planned; the air was clear and the boys were warm.

One of my favorites!

Another favorite.

And . . . another favorite.

They went to Dollywood later than evening and then again the next day.

It amazes me how pop culture "savy" kids are at 5.  I was never that "in the loop."