"Tuxting"

Friday after work Michael and I picked the boys up and went to the Beech v. Hendersonville Football pre-game events.  They had a dunking tank, bouncy houses, and a car that you could beat with a sledgehammer; none of which Finn got to do because his parents never carry cash.  We were able to dig up enough change to buy Finn some popcorn.    We ran into a few teenagers from church and they held Sam for a while. Finn enjoyed walking about and looking at everything, but was upset when we didn't get the "beast the car."  He  really wanted to hit that car with the sledgehammer.   We didn't stay for the game because it would be touch on Sam.  When we got home it was almost dark so the boys had baths and went to bed.

The next morning Finn and I worked in the kitchen.  I generally cleaned and Finn tried to kill flies.  Finn hates bugs - he is pretty squeamish around them.  He noticed a few flies in the kitchen and started swatting them with his hands. Exasperated he came to me and said, "Mom, I want to beast that bug.  Can you get me the thing that beasts bugs?"  Translation, the flyswatter.   I think it is so endearing that Finn has adopted his Father's vocabulary.

After Michael woke up Finn and I went to Bridal Warehouse to get him fitted for his tux for James and Chelsea's wedding.

To keep Finn occupied while we were waiting I asked him to pick out his favorite tuxedo.  He pointed to the red and black one.

I wish I had videoed Finn getting measured.  He was so uncomfortable, but listened and did everything he was asked to do.  He just looked like a dork doing it.  They asked him to hold his arms straight out.  He was hesitant but did it anyway.  He held his arms straight out but leaned forward so that his bottom was sticking out.  He also had this ridiculous grin on his face the whole time.  Every two second he would smile at me and say, "I love you mom." 

After getting measured we went into the dressing room and tried on the tux.


He was a little silly in the dressing room but figured out how to strut his stuff in no time.


After Finn had his close back on he looked at me and said, "are we all done tuxing?"   Since he was so good I let him pick out any candy we wanted at the store.  He went straight for a Caramello.  Allow me to rephrase, I let him get any candy he wanted that wasn't a Caramello - too messy.  He picked an almond Hersey's bar.  This was a really sweet and fun trip for me.  It was weird seeing Finn in a tux.  It made me think about all the big things he will do in a tuxedo.

Later in the day Gran came to take the boys to see Joseph, Turner and Walker.  Michael went with them while I laid on the couch and enjoyed doing nothing.

They reported that they went to the park and played in the bubbles.





Finn spent the night at Gran's house withe boys.  Sam came home with Michael.  Once they got home Sam and I went out to the store.  Sam recognized his baby food jars now so when we strolled down the baby food aisle Sam lost his mind.  He screamed so loud that I thought about leaving him there.  We are now on 3rd food baby jars.  He can eat just about anything now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday