Birthday Party at Nana and Papa

Sunday was a busy morning.  Long Hollow has moved Sunday School up by 15 minutes.  It doesn't sound like a lot, but when you struggle to there on time as is - 15 minutes can be brutal.  Well I didn't have time to bandage Sam's arm before we left so I brought his medicine and wrap with us.  When we got out of the car at church I decided to go ahead and bandage Sam's arm.  Somehow or another I dropped the bright blue wrap.  I thought that I dropped it out of the car.  Before crawling on my hands and knees in the parking lot I checked the car - zilch!  Hands and knees is it.  Even after my ridiculous display I still couldn't find the wrap.  We scratched the whole idea and took Sam in as is.
When I picked Sam up from Sunday School I noticed that his teacher had bandaged his arm.

After church we traveled to Manchester for Finn's birthday party at Nana and Papa's house.   Nana, Papa, Emily, Zac, Cooper and Hank were all at Gavin's wedding yesterday and were not able to attend Finn's party.  Finn was very excited to have another birthday party.  On the drive there Finn said, "I love Nana - Daddy, do you love Nana?"  Michael said yes.  Finn then names off all the people in his family that loves Nana.  Then we said, "but there are people that don't love Nana."  I asked "who Finn?"  He said, "bad guys."

Mom had rearranged the furniture to make the place look more partyish.



We had a lot of fun at the party.  We had barbeque, corn, okra, cake and ice cream.  Nana got Finn a "Cake Lady" ninja turtle cake.








At this party Finn got the cutest shirts and a paint set from Aunt Em and Uncle Zac.  Nana and Papa bought him both seasons of Godzilla and  Godzuki.  They also go Finn a Kindle Fire and I helped Nana put Ratatouille on the Kindle.


 
Sam enjoying Finn's "Cat in the Hat" card.
 




 



After all the presents were opened Finn sat at the table and played with is water capsules.  These are little animal shaped sponges that emerge from a water soluble capsule.








In spite of missing his nap Sam did okay.  We tried to put him  down during lunch but he screamed until Nana rescued him from his horrible fate.


Finn and Nana singing "Happy Birthday."
 

 
 

On the way home Finn watched Ratatouille on his new Kindle.  After about 15 minutes he told me was all done.  He handed me the Kindle and immediately fell asleep.  Sam did too.  This might be as quiet as my family has been in two (2) days.



Before going home for the evening we made one more stop to Greg and Shelley's house.  Macey turned 4 today so we stopped by to play on her bouncy princess castle.  It was awesome!





We made it home just in time for bath and bed. Finn was so excited to watch "Godzilla" before bed.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday