Spirit Week - Day Three

Today was "Fictional Character Day" at school.  Well, seeing as how Finn is my son he was forced to go as Harry Potter.



I used eyeliner to draw on his glasses and his scar.  When we got to school the other kids didn't know what to think.  The girls walked over to him and looked him up and down; clearly perplexed.  One girl finally asked me, "is that a tattoo on his face?"  I told her no and that I used eye makeup to draw the glasses on Finn's face.  She immediately starts to giggle and said very loudly, "Finn's wearing makeup!"  It was at that moment I realized that I had set my poor little boy up for a really tough day.

When I picked him up later that day I asked him how his day was.  He told me that he had a good day.  I was relieved.  Then I asked about being "Harry Potter" for fictional character day and he said, "mom, I know you dressed me up like Harry Potter, but I told all my friends that I was actually Batman."   Apparently these kids bought it too.

On the way home I asked Finn about his birthday.  He has invited a little boy from his class that he likes to play with.  I asked Finn if he knew whether Jeremiah was coming to his party.  He said, "I don't know, I'm too shy to ask his mom."  I love hearing new words from Finn - this time it was "shy."  A few minutes later Finn got upset about something and then said, "mom, I'm gonna need you to give me something to calm me down."  I truly hope he wasn't referring to Xanax.

When we got home Finn played Play-Doh for hours.  He made at least 30 snakes.   At 5:00 I went to get Sam and then we went to the party store to get stuff for Finn's birthday party.  Sam loved the party store.  He was mesmerized by the aisle with all the little boy party stuff - all I heard was:  "Micka Mouse, Tuttles, Spider" over and over.  On the way home the sun got into Sam's eyes.  He sat in the back seat and cried and covered his eyes.  When he had finally had enough he started saying "stop it, stop it."  Referring to the sun of course. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Ghouls at Grassmere