Skip to main content

Circus World

Friday was the boy's last day of Summer Camp.  In honor of Daddy being home from Seattle, the boys wore their Space Needle shirts.  When we picked the boys up we learned that Ms. Sonya was staying to teach the two year old class on a fulltime basis.  I am so excited!
In preparation for school starting we have been working on the alphabet flashcards.  Finn has remembered all of his letters and most of his sounds.  Sam can recognize and say the letters "I" and "J".  He also knows the letter B, C, D and S.  When I show him the "b" card, instead of saying the letter shown he will say, "oh, that's Ms. Beth."  When I show him the "c" card he says, "oh, that's Caleb."  "D" is for Drae and "S" is for Sam.  So while he doesn't say the letter, he does have some letter recognition.

On Friday night we went for a cookout at Gran and Pa's house.  Finn spent the night with Gran that evening with a few of the kids from Gran's church.  The next morning they woke up and made dinosaur crafts.  Sam and I then met the group at Circus World for a day of games and bowling. Our first stop was to the climbing area.  Gran and I sat on the couch which Finn, Sam and the other kids climbed around.  After a few minutes we heard a blood curdling scream.  We recognized Finn's scream immediately.  This meant that I had to crawl up three stories of multicolored tubes to try to find Finn.  It took me a while to find him, but when I did I realize that Finn was completely lost and couldn't figure out how to get down.  I can see how you can get turned around in those stuffy little tubes.

Finn was immediately drawn to the "shooting" games.

Check out Sam's enthusiasm.



Sam watching Finn ride the bumper cars.

Next we ate pizza and Icees. 

We also bowled a game.  Finn got his first strike.  He did use the "positioner" and the "bumpers."  Both he and Sam loved bowling. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manhandled

Finn and Sam give Will absolutely NO personal space whatsoever.  They are always in face yelling and grabbing on him.  For a few minutes he will tolerate it.


Then he gets mad and starts swinging those arms.  I have warned both boys that they deserve whatever Will dishes out. 


Last Thursday was Finn's field day.  He wasn't too excited about it because he didn't get to participate at all.  He was even more upset by the fact that he only came home with a "participants" ribbon.  I guess Finn expected to get a ribbon for "Best Score Keeper."

Surprise sickness

When I picked Will up from daycare yesterday, I was informed that several babies had gone home throwing up.  Thirty minutes later - Will threw up too - in the car! It was so gross and so smelly.  The boys were really upset. For a minute, I thought they would throw up from the smell.  Luckily, we were on our way to the dentist so they quickly forgot about Will's vomit and started panicking about the dentist.  You see, I had kept this little tidbit from them until right before time to go.  This spared me days of whining.


Oh, and Will just started eating carrots.  That is why he is orange. 
When he got to the dentist's office I took Will in to change him.  When I pulled his only spare outfit out of the diaper bag I notice that the "do not steal me" hard, plastic tag was still attached.  Perfect.  I decided that he would just wear nothing.  So he sat in my lap, wearing nothing but his diaper all while throwing up into a baby blanket.  It was a make it work moment.  And o…

Sleep Training

Since he came home from the hospital, Will has slept right next to me.  For the first few weeks it was on the air mattress. Then we moved to the couch. Then we moved to a twin mattress in the floor of Will's room.  It didn't take long until we permanently took up residence in the marital bed - thus effectively evicting Michael.

We NEVER let Finn or Sam sleep with us - Will was different story.  He was a bit needier that Finn or Sam.  We were able to put both boys in their own crib at around 6 weeks and while they whimpered a bit - we were both able to self soothe enough to go to sleep.  Will hated his crib from the word go.  Whenever we put him in it he would scream until we finally came to rescue him (his words - not mine).  The times we tried, he would scream for well over an hour without tiring.  It was exhausting. So, we let him win.  This is how he wound up sleeping in our bed for six months.

Now, I am not complaining.  I LOVED having Will next to me in bed.  We both sle…