Christmas

Christmas morning started with me telling the boys "stay in your room!" We told Finn and Sam before putting them to bed that they were not allowed to leave their room until we came to get them.  About 7:45, I woke up to the sounds of Finn and Sam playing "Santa Clause" in their room.  As I was making coffee, I heard Finn say "On Dasher, On Dancer. . . " Based on their personalities and history of play, I presume Finn was Santa and Sam was a reindeer. I just hope that Finn didn't swap Sam with a homemade reign.

At 8:00, we opened the door and let the boys come out.  They were excited to see their presents and to see Gran and Pa. Then they opened their presents.  We asked them to go one at a time so that they could see each other open their presents.   They acquiesced -which made the presents take longer.  Sam was so excited about his presents.  His favorites were his legos and his basketball shoes.  Finn, a bit more reserved, loved his video game, his Russell Westbrook shirt and his camera.

After we opened presents, Gran and Pa went home to cook for the Begley Christmas, the boys went upstairs to play their new video game, and Michael and I gave Will his Christmas present.  Will slept all the way through our family Christmas.

Next, I made breakfast while watching the Disney Christmas parade.  Michael played upstairs with the boys and Will sat in his swing - mesmerized by the Disney fireworks and singing.  I made pancakes and sausage/cream cheese bake and we all ate breakfast together.  Then the boys went back upstairs to play.  I fed Will and put him down for a nap.

It was a really nice Christmas morning. The boys seemed to really love their presents, Will was in a great mood and the food was good.  Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty proud of how our little family Christmas turned out.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

High Ankle Sprain

Sunday